News   May 03, 2024
 844     1 
News   May 03, 2024
 527     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 258     0 

Onyx (MCC, Davies Smith, 35s, Quadrangle/Raw)

Late last week, it looked like they were moving some earth around roughly where the entrance to Onyx will be...looks like they will probably be starting very soon on this one...

also just next door, a few people moved into Solstice this weekend - even though the contractor still hasn't finished installing the last floor of windows, and the entrance is still a sea of mud....incredible....

I'm looking forward to seeing this one go up. Will be quite different from Citygate and Solstice.

Hoarding was erected around the site today...it goes a bit further east than I expected.

Saw that today too...these guys work fast...

btw, I counted the floors at Solstice today....and with the 2 mechanical at the top, there appears to be -39-...this building is very close to 400ft, in fact I think that One Park Tower is over 400', and Solstice may be too...unfortunately, the City of Mississauga doesn't seem to be as forthcoming as the City of Toronto with these things...

Can't find a "Solstice" thread to post this in...

Create a thread.

Thought about it, but as the building is pretty much complete, and already partially occupied, it's probably too late....I'll make sure that any forthcoming MCC projects get their own thread..:D

Thought about it, but as the building is pretty much complete, and already partially occupied, it's probably too late....I'll make sure that any forthcoming MCC projects get their own thread..:D

Let's hope the good times keep rolling post-Chicago, Onyx, the Universal, Absolute, etc. :)

By: Radhika Panjwani

July 18, 2008 01:41 PM - The builders of a new high-rise condominium in Mississauga say the 36-storey chrome and glass tower will be a timeless "masterpiece" that will transform the city centre into a more vibrant landscape.
Yesterday's groundbreaking event for Onyx, a swanky and stylish tower being built at the corner of Duke of York Blvd. and Hurontario St., marks "the final phase of this project and the last piece of puzzle,†said Nelson Reis, vice president of builder Davies Smith Developments. “This building is very alive and timeless.â€
Onyx should be completed by 2010 and will house more than 300 families. It is the final stage in a city centre development that includes three other condominium units - Citygate 1 & 2 and Solstice.
Reis said the high-rise tower will house a combination of one and two-bedroom units and spacious lofts that will feature wall-to-floor windows offering occupants a sweeping vista of the city.
There's even a party room at the top of the tower that will have both indoor and outdoor lounges.
Prospective buyers who turned up for the groundbreaking ceremony said they were attracted by the building's personality — jazzy with an understated elegance — in combination with unique amenities like indoor and outdoor pools, a hot tub, a yoga and pilates studio, steam and sauna rooms and a play area for children.
For Mississauga resident Summera Khan, owning her own space in Onyx is a dream-come-true. The interior designer said her swanky apartment on the 20th floor is a gift from her father.
“I chose this apartment for its location and style and this building will make Mississauga comparable to Toronto's downtown area,†she said. “It's like having a glass house in the sky.â€
Units range in price from $200,000 to $325,000.

The person who wrote the article made an error. It's not at Hurontario and Duke of York. It's at Duke of York, and Burnhamthorpe.

The girl who's father bought her a unit thinks this building will make Mississauga comparable to downtown Toronto? Hilarious!

Must be putting something in the water out in Missy.

Shh no one can know. It gives Mississaugans a smug self-satisfied viewpoint that everything Mississauga does is beyond error and infinitely better than it's big brother Toronto.

excavation is complete, and the base for the crane at Onyx was poured on Saturday. Pic by Airstream over at SSC....

DSCF1218.jpg

and a pic courtesy of Airstream at SSC, who appears to have a ringside seat from his/her unit at Citygate...

DSCF1224.jpg

Back