Kitchener Station Park: Building E | 184.95m | 50s | VanMar Developments | Kirkor Architects

Update from 1/20/22

The lights are on. Anybody home?

IMG_20220121_094701_01 (1).jpg

IMG_20220121_094701_02 (1).jpg

Phase Two is launching sales shortly, a new marketing render can be found at the marketing site.

This design is not very promising though, random spandrel and window patterns like that are both visually messy from outside and make for some horrible window layouts in some units.

(Source)

1666400449097.png
HeroRender.jpg

Last edited:
Phase Two is launching sales shortly, a new marketing render can be found at the marketing site.

This design is not very promising though, random spandrel and window patterns like that are both visually messy from outside and make for some horrible window layouts in some units.

(Source)

HeroRender.jpg
I thought the renders for union towers also looked horrible but they've turned out to be what are probably the nicest high rises in town.

That's not saying much of course but I still felt like phase one exceeded expectations and these look better than phase one imo.

Application submitted for phase 3 of the station park master plan.

“Proposing phase 3 of the station Park Development. Building-E a 50 storey mixed use tower which will contain residential, large commercial (grocery) and office uses. To be addressed 615 King West”

Kitcheners first 50 storey proposal. With 10 floors of commercial/office, this will be in the 170-180m range.

Will post renders and plans when they come are available.

A rendering of the proposed second phase, "Duo".
The tower architecture is hugely ordinary. I'm glad, at minimum, that they're at least not carbon copies of the first two.
The company does seem to be investing a lot in the site's pedestrian amenities, though - both the site's ground level and an elevated deck. Maybe at those levels it will turn out to be comely. I'm wondering how the plan will help that stretch of King Street West overall, which needs all the sidewalk-level interest it can get. The first set of towers is set back from that sidewalk and meet it somewhat tentatively, IMO - I guess I was hoping for a base that was more streetwall-oriented.

duo.jpg

duoskydeck.jpg

Back