News   Apr 19, 2024
 605     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1K     3 

Loblaws

I'm 1/2 French Canadian (mom's side).

Grandma was a great cook.

And ruled w/an iron fist.

If she said there was potato.....................

Dad's side was Scottish.

I don't talk about that food.

🤣

A few years back I spent a week in Scotland, and ate nothing other than either Indian food or fish and chips - I wasn't motivated to try more authentic Scottish fare :)

@PinkLucy

Tried the BBQ Beef Pie.

Same pastry, still quite good.

The filling.......was reasonable in portion and meat volume and had a clear flavour profile.

Only thing........their idea of BBQ is clearly informed by Kansas City...............its SWEEEEEEET.

Bit too much so for me.

I'm not going to say it's bad, some people like their meat covered in a tomato'ish mixture w/1 full cup of sugar per serving.

Just saying........not really for me........bit too sweet.

Last edited:
Loblaws looks to be starting to make a big push into the health care services business now. No doubt there will be some integrations here with operations at Shoppers. I wonder how long until some super-size shoppers open up with clinics inside them, or directly adjacent to them, which offer these services?
Loblaw Companies Ltd. says it has signed a deal to buy Lifemark Health Group for $845 million in cash.
Lifemark provides physiotherapy, massage therapy, occupational therapy, chiropractic, mental health and other rehabilitation services.

Last edited:
Loblaws looks to be starting to make a big push into the health care services business now. No doubt there will be some integrations here with operations at Shoppers. I wonder how long until some super-size shoppers open up with clinics inside them (or directly adjacent to them which offer these services?

This was inevitable as med-tail trend will continue to strengthen and evolve.

Loblaws looks to be starting to make a big push into the health care services business now. No doubt there will be some integrations here with operations at Shoppers. I wonder how long until some super-size shoppers open up with clinics inside them (or directly adjacent to them which offer these services?

This was inevitable as med-tail trend will continue to strengthen and evolve.

Loblaws has a minority stake in Maple, the tele-medicine provider already.

It also launched the PC Health App last year.

From their presser:

1647266547085.png

I think there already are some shoppers stores with clinics attached.

There are already Loblaws with clinics attached.

They have one inside the Maple Leaf Garden store.

I know they also have one in Leslie/Lake Shore, and another in Mississauga among others.

Shoppers has a branded clinic "The Health Clinic at Shoppers"

It has 4 outposts in the GTA thus far Yonge/Charles, 770 Lawrence West , one up in Weston and 1801 Dundas in Whitby.

Back