News   May 17, 2024
 567     0 
News   May 17, 2024
 408     0 
News   May 17, 2024
 4.7K     5 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

Capping for monthly use is fine. However, there should be also 1-day, 3-day, 7-day, and 30-day options. Could be a bonus for tourists if they can use the 3 or 7 days options somehow, with either a temporary card or smartphone app.

The monthly option should be 30 days and not a calendar month like February or March.
I'd advocate more for a daily cap, and then a total monthly cap. Set the daily cap at $7.50, set the monthly cap at $150. If they eventually went to full-fare integration and zones, the cap would have to be based on the number of zones travelled through (basically a copy of TFL's system)

I'd advocate more for a daily cap, and then a total monthly cap. Set the daily cap at $7.50, set the monthly cap at $150. If they eventually went to full-fare integration and zones, the cap would have to be based on the number of zones travelled through (basically a copy of TFL's system)

The cap should be based on the number of rides; any dollar-figure cap will have to be adjusted every year as fares rise.

I would argue the cap should preserve the current fare (per ride) and adopt a normative 40-ride cap.

This would lower the monthly cost to $128 per month.

I've looked at the numbers, its an affordable choice.

So I'm hearing more rumors that TTC CEO Rick Leary contract expires at the end of Feb 2022, but I can't find any reference or info on this. Anyone able to confirm that Rick Leary Contract expires this month? I haven't seen any job posting regarding the CEO position.

So I'm hearing more rumors that TTC CEO Rick Leary contract expires at the end of Feb 2022, but I can't find any reference or info on this. Anyone able to confirm that Rick Leary Contract expires this month? I haven't seen any job posting regarding the CEO position.

Yep, a tidbit of detail here. Given his poor performance, keeping the averted crash information from the Board for an extended period (and some unsubstantiated rumours around) I don't think he should offered an extension. (Setting aside the reason he 'retired' from his position in Boston...).
TTC CEO Rick Leary contract is up in Feb and will he see it renew or calls for a new CEO?? There been some talks that Rick Leary contract will not be renew and will stay on until a new one is found or he leaves.

He has a poor track record as well increasing upper manage 3 levels in place of one under Andy.

Even though station managers remain the same, the number of staff under them has triple to the point complaints are being made how dirty stations are now.
A job posting wouldn't be released until the position was available. Remains to be seen if he's offered an extension, an interim extension while they look for someone new (most likely) or the contract simply isn't renewed.

So much for TTC

OH: Cleveland mayor wants to appoint two riders to RTA board

Yes his contract is up for renewal or be given his walking paper. I posted this a few weeks ago.

Any posting will be done by head hunters or a search team at the request of X, most likely the mayor on the Q T. They will search the market as who may fit TTC needs and then start talking to various people to see if they would be interesting in running TTC. They will also interview them and will submit a list to the requesting party as who may fit the requirement. The requesting party will interview x candidates that may have to do 2 or more interviews before one is hire as the new CEO.

How long has the city been looking for a new police Chief??

Yep, a tidbit of detail here. Given his poor performance, keeping the averted crash information from the Board for an extended period (and some unsubstantiated rumours around) I don't think he should offered an extension. (Setting aside the reason he 'retired' from his position in Boston...).

A job posting wouldn't be released until the position was available. Remains to be seen if he's offered an extension, an interim extension while they look for someone new (most likely) or the contract simply isn't renewed.
Search for a new CEO could be already underway for sometime as the mayor or X most likely decided sometime ago, Rick need to go. Don't have to wait until the position is open to do a search then to the point you could replace X before their contract is up with a buyout plan in place to do so. Will cost more, but could save money and other things in the long run.

Search for a new CEO could be already underway for sometime as the mayor or X most likely decided sometime ago, Rick need to go. Don't have to wait until the position is open to do a search then to the point you could replace X before their contract is up with a buyout plan in place to do so. Will cost more, but could save money and other things in the long run.
Steve Munro, please apply!! 🥳

Will accept Adam Giambrone.😱

Is Reece Martin available?🙏 See link. How did Reece's name end up in the Goblet of Fire?
y9s7gto12r961.jpg
From link.

Last edited:
As, I have no doubt, would Steve himself!

This much is clear.

I understand why Steve likes his current perch; and I would miss the current blog if he were to take the job (assuming anyone would dare offer it to him).
I also get that he wouldn't last long, Steve is a strong personality who I find quite friendly, but he doesn't have a high BS tolerance, and undoubtedly, he would wear out his welcome in a comparatively short period.
That said, I think it wouldn't just be great fun; but useful to have him in the big chair, even for 18 months. There would be a drive to excellence (pun intended); and if he got 1/3 of what he wanted accomplished done we'd all be better off for it.
But its not in the cards!

Assuming we had to look elsewhere and we can't Bring Back Byford, LOL.....

I think I might be tempted to poach Sue Connor from Burlington Transit; she was a driving force behind a lot of the service expansion and ridership growth in Brampton.

Thinking differently, Byford's former right-hand man was Chris Upfold, who I always liked..... he's currently back in the UK doing public transport consulting.

Last edited:

Back