Toronto Emerald Park Condos | 128.92m | 40s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

I did a bit of investigation on this site, firstly application has been submitted. As understand Bazis been in contact with the city for the last several month. There is old approvals on this site which they are going to amend.
I know we tend to speculate in this form, but think about, would smart people like Bazis risk millions of dollars on land and setting up sale office and doing marketing if they were not sure of where they stand with the city?
I think not. And I think its great that some one is finally doing a luxury building in North York on the site that is visible from all directions, it will change the sky line of North York for the better.

There is old approvals on this site which they are going to amend.

I doubt they'll be able to simply amend the approved site specific bylaw (28 & 26 storeys) at the heights shown in the rendering. I'm willing to bet they will be forced to re-submit or scale down.

I know we tend to speculate in this form, but think about, would smart people like Bazis risk millions of dollars on land and setting up sale office and doing marketing if they were not sure of where they stand with the city?

because it happens all the time RE: Mode, 533 Richmond.

here's a press release put out today by Bazis.....

Agents Start Camping on Sidewalk for Chance to Buy at Emerald Park

TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - July 8, 2008) -

ATTENTION: ASSIGNMENT EDITORS

The preview sales event does not start until July 10th but already real estate agents, brokers and their designates have set up sleeping beds, lawn chairs and even cots in front of the Nestle Building at Yonge and Sheppard.

The reason? First crack at acquiring a superb new condominium suite for their clients at Emerald Park, the latest project from Bazis International.

In many ways it is a repeat of the scene at Bloor and Yonge Streets last November when more than 100 people braved the chill and damp to reserve a suite at 1 Bloor, Canada's tallest residential structure.

What is driving demand to such unheard of levels? A combination of factors, suggests Veronika Belovich, Bazis International's director of sales and marketing.

- As oil prices rise well above $140 a barrel, life with direct access to a subway station takes on new meaning. Forget filling the BMW or even the Echo with liquid gold. Public transportation reduces commuting costs and time to the bare minimum.

- The chance to own a home in a project created by the same team that gave the city 1 Bloor.

- Savvy buyers in Toronto recognize the value of a superbly designed project and understand the importance of location for a good return on investment

"Quality always sells," says Ms. Belovich. "And quality projects are what we create."

Emerald Park will consist of two shimmering, green glass towers with architecture never before seen in Toronto, arching high above Yonge and Sheppard. They will be joined at their base by a four-level central podium, which offers not just the amenity space but also a mix of retail and commercial offices as well. The finishes in these towers including Miele appliances, surpass those of any condominium in North York to date.

The icing on this breathtaking cake is that the name Emerald Park stands for more than just the green glass that encases the towers. The entire project was conceived to reflect the latest in Green technology as well.

With the line-up continuing to grow, it is a project that many Torontonians want to be part of.

Visit the web site at www.emeraldparkcondos.com.

"What is driving demand to such unheard of levels? A combination of factors, suggests Veronika Belovich, Bazis International's director of sales and marketing."

Ladies and gents, has anyone considered that perhaps those who stand and wait outside are paid by Bazis!?!? C'mon now, I smell somethin' fishy.

I don't know what you guys are moaning about.

This is a great looking project at a great location. Judging from the renderings, this is not going to be a cookie cutter development.

We had the Trump haters and now we have the Bazis haters.

If they screw it up, they can just pack their bags and head back to Khazakstan ... Not like Tridel or other local builders... so time will tell if they are worth the risk

Yeah its probably some propaganda going on, no reason to stay away though. What a bunch of conspiracy theorists on this site. Give things a chance, and have more patience people than a cat in a car would. Relax, of course this will happen in time, as Trump did, as Crystal Blu did, and as 1Bloor is right now.

Chill Winston!

I think we're just all jaded about how long 1 Bloor is taking, plus the obviously Bazis-generated hype around the project is a bit tiresome. Also, they lost a ton of credibility when they bumped their prices up by 50% or so for the public release.

I do agree, though, this should be a great addition to the area, and I'm looking forward to watching being built.

"Agents Start Camping on Sidewalk for Chance to Buy at Emerald Park"

Has anyone actually seen this at Emerald? I heard that there are some agents are just waiting but I can't really see many people doing this...maybe at most 10 agents or so waiting around there. I guess it's good publicity for this project. I'm thinking that Bazis will be creating several more projects within Toronto. I heard they are working towards a place at Yonge and Eglinton and another at Avenue and Bloor. Has anyone else heard about these other projects?

Rumour has it that they are planning something for the McDonald's site across from the ROM....there should be a thread here somewhere...

Where did you hear about Yonge & Eglinton?

Rumour has it that they are planning something for the McDonald's site across from the ROM....there should be a thread here somewhere...

Where did you hear about Yonge & Eglinton?

I have a friend who is an agent and she told me that they are planning something there. But there wasn't any other details besides they are planning. I can't find anything about it on the web though.

Back