Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

they must be getting close
That was my first thought at seeing today's photos. This is the only building I've watched going up, but it seems logical to me based on how little material is now scattered around compared to...well, almost all the rest of the time, that a pour is imminent.

CD317F20-7024-4329-B2DE-EC0993941010.jpeg
36F9C2F8-541C-4F90-9C47-F4102218DE4E.jpeg
57991E32-6528-4AE6-8496-C1B47215B8CE.jpeg
6AE43D3C-756F-4D52-8F74-122A44A71579.jpeg

I have been watching this and have never seen a construction site move more slowly. Does anyone know what is going on?

Bit worried maybe the steel trades are walking off given inflationary pressures.

I have been watching this and have never seen a construction site move more slowly. Does anyone know what is going on?

Bit worried maybe the steel trades are walking off given inflationary pressures.
If you’ve been watching this then you’d see that there’s been steady progress, regardless if it’s slower than you think it should be. Plenty of rebar and form work being placed everyday. Nothing to worry about.

If you’ve been watching this then you’d see that there’s been steady progress, regardless if it’s slower than you think it should be. Plenty of rebar and form work being placed everyday. Nothing to worry about.
I hadn't watched *that* closely, so thanks for that . Speed is still worrying, given the massive cost pressure in steel, in particular, past below-grade delays on this project, and high-leverage combined with interest rate pressures. Maybe it's because these are atypical floors?

Last edited:
I hadn't watched *that* closely, so that . Speed is still worrying, given the massive cost pressure in steel, in particular, past below-grade delays on this project, and high-leverage combined with interest rate pressures. Maybe it's because these are atypical floors?
That’s the consensus, this should be the last atypical floor until the mechanical levels. It will be interesting to see how much the pace picks up over the next couple of months after they’ve finished with this one.

I hadn't watched *that* closely, so thanks for that . Speed is still worrying, given the massive cost pressure in steel, in particular, past below-grade delays on this project, and high-leverage combined with interest rate pressures. Maybe it's because these are atypical floors?

I would assume that they purchased and paid for the steel in advance of construction at an agreed upon amount. I don't know anything about this sort of stuff, but I would imagine that's how it happens.

I would assume that they purchased and paid for the steel in advance of construction at an agreed upon amount. I don't know anything about this sort of stuff, but I would imagine that's how it happens.

That’s exactly how it happens - especially right now with long lead times for steel.

Back