News   Mar 28, 2024
 254     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 633     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 376     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

TTC CEO Rick Leary contract is up in Feb and will he see it renew or calls for a new CEO?? There been some talks that Rick Leary contract will not be renew and will stay on until a new one is found or he leaves.

He has a poor track record as well increasing upper manage 3 levels in place of one under Andy.

Even though station managers remain the same, the number of staff under them has triple to the point complaints are being made how dirty stations are now.

I doubt his contract will get renewed.

He is ineffectual at the best of times and doing things ass backwards operationally speaking. The City of Toronto wants to cut budgets because of Covid and he is out increasing upper management at $75000 a pop which likely does not sit well with his bosses in an election year.

I will say this, the situation has not gotten any better since Rick Leary abandoned Byfords policies.

I doubt his contract will get renewed.

He is ineffectual at the best of times and doing things ass backwards operationally speaking. The City of Toronto wants to cut budgets because of Covid and he is out increasing upper management at $75000 a pop which likely does not sit well with his bosses in an election year.

I will say this, the situation has not gotten any better since Rick Leary abandoned Byfords policies.
Rick Leary has been consistently awful in his tenure, especially when compared with his immediate predecessor.

He needs to be unceremoniously turfed.

Please Dear Lord, get Leary out of here ASAP.

He's an absolute piss pour of an excuse CEO who is incapable of effectively managing the TTC. He's screwed up operations by padding recovery times all in the name of "improving" on-time performance and reducing short-turns. While in his head that improves the numbers, this has resulted in severely increased wait times for all modes as you'll see a bunch of buses/streetcars laying over at the end of the line. On some routes you'll literally see 5-6 buses laying over while customers wait 20 minutes for the next vehicle.

Overall, I havent seen things this bad at the TTC since the Rick Ducharme/Howard Moscoe/Bob Kinnear era. Why the city even picked him up in the first place is honestly beyond me, but he needs to take a hike..

The TTC does need a CEO laser-focused on operational improvements - and one who can do so in a very challenging budget environment.
I'd argue that the CEO of such a large organization should be hiring someone to be laser-focused on operational agreements (but provide them with the support they need).

We'll have to wait and see what the future holds for Mr. Leary...........

For 350 others, it has become a bit clearer:

*partial cross post to 839 Yonge thread for relevant bit*

Reading over Steve Munro's latest on the TTC Capital budget, here:

Saw a slide which is either new to me; or I overlooked in the earlier paperwork bomb in December..........

1642001063672.png

Under Guideway Enhancement.....

You'll notice a plan for a siding, 3rd track between Bloor-Yonge and Rosedale. Not sure of the length and exact location, but one would assume this would be in the 'open cut'.......

Also of of note is a move to replace all ballasted track with concrete slab base.

One other thing....make note of those delivery dates for the projects in the box on the left....

You'll notice a plan for a siding, 3rd track between Bloor-Yonge and Rosedale. Not sure of the length and exact location, but one would assume this would be in the 'open cut'.

This is likely to store an extra train in the rush hour. Currently, trains are dispatched from Davisville when required where I believe a train is kept on the build up.

Reactions: PL1

Saw a slide which is either new to me; or I overlooked in the earlier paperwork bomb in December..........

View attachment 374419

You'll notice a plan for a siding, 3rd track between Bloor-Yonge and Rosedale. Not sure of the length and exact location, but one would assume this would be in the 'open cut'.......

Also of of note is a move to replace all ballasted track with concrete slab base.

One other thing....make note of those delivery dates for the projects in the box on the left....

When I see timelines like that, my eyes glaze over and I stop caring. My personal favourite is the line 2 westward extension, to be complete by 2041!

How exciting!!

View attachment 374419

There has been a long-held plan to build a siding somewhere between Bloor and Davisville to allow them to short-turn specific trains in the morning, and somewhat simplify the operation of the special trains that they used to run solely to empty out the southbound crowds at Bloor-Yonge. This would be between the two existing mainlines, and allow a northbound train to turn back southbound without interfering with the regular flow of trains.

I guess they've finally found enough room to actually move it to a budget, rather than just leave it in the "plans that we have but aren't realistically going to have money for".

The new VMC pocket track is an interesting one, as that was one of the first items removed from the TYSSE project scope.

Not all track, just the track at interlockings - switches, crossovers, etc.

Dan

Steve Munro's post shows all 'open cut' sections on the list: (last item, centre section)

Is this not correct?

View attachment 374487

ttc_2022capbudgpres_line1enhancement-2.jpg
I read "Rehabilitation of open cut ballasted track" to mean just that - rehabilitation. New ties, new ballast, whatever is needed. I don't see that as retrofitting it to Direct Fixation, especially since they used very different language - and in fact, those exact terms - in the point immediately above it.

Dan

Back