Toronto Market Wharf | 110.33m | 33s | Context Development | a—A

The red brick podium is substantial in size, and matches the scale and materials of the adjacent buildings to the east and west; there's nothing to be gained by making it bulkier by transfering the tower's density and adding more floors to it ... unless tower height itself is something to be feared.

Yeah. Also, it looks as though he situated the tower as far away from the neighbourhood as possible (southern outskirts of the podium) to minimize the disruption of the mid-rise skyline.

How much can you sell a unit for on the 9th floor looking at another building?

How much can you sell a unit for on the 20th floor with a view that's unobstructed?

That's your answer.

I agree with this point... as long as it's around 13 stories it would still be the same height as the building southeast and northeast of the market and approximately the same distance from it if not farther then the building on the southeast.

I'd love to have a unit facing a nice sunlit inner courtyard! Plus it would probably smell and feel fresher without having to deal with cars driving by.

Does any know a final height of Market Wharf or of a plan view of the project?

Thanks in advance,

Ian

103m + 6m for mechanical = 109m grand total.

So about the same height as 18 Yorkville, Murano North and Stern's Charles tower.

Really? Wow-- hardly stubby... cuz 18 Yorkville is tall! (not to mention gorgeous)

Did anybody else receive the mailout from Market Wharf yesterday? Kinda cute, a reusable branded shopping bag with a memo pad tucked inside.

i received mine couple of weeks ago.
i thought i had missed the pre-view opening of the presentation center, which is actually scheduled to open this saturday, july 5, 2008.

for anyone who is interested, floorplans are available on context's website.

Back