News   Mar 28, 2024
 191     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 203     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 257     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s

Actually they are making massive progress at eglinton. Almost done the station box, and are finishing with track installation. They actually might get it done next year.
As predicted since they can divert more resources from the completed stations to those that are still UC. Hopefully they can maintain the sched.

As predicted since they can divert more resources from the completed stations to those that are still UC. Hopefully they can maintain the sched.
They indicated they will get 100% of track railing and the overhead power installed by end of year. And then they would have another year for testing while concurrently finishing up construction where required and not interferring with the whole line testing. If they can get this up and running by mid September I think thats a major win. Even by Christmas 2022 is a respectable win. Anything into 2023 will be challenging from a PR perspective especially getting deeper into 2023. Fingers crossed

Here's Part 2 of 2 taken from Oakwood station on October 27, 2021

Secondary entrance:

IMG_2345.jpg
IMG_2346.jpg
IMG_2347.jpg

Actually they are making massive progress at eglinton. Almost done the station box, and are finishing with track installation. They actually might get it done next year.
I know that they are making massive progress there. I live close by and go past it quite regularly.

But they still haven't started building anything above ground there, and that was what the question was about.

Dan

Reactions: max
X

Just giving them a year to finish up all the stations.
The overhead catenary system (the wires that power the trains), train signals, communications systems are not expected to be done anytime soon and "will continue into 2022". Once that is done testing of the whole line can commence meaning full line testing probably wont start until Summer 2022 at the earliest.

The overhead catenary system (the wires that power the trains), train signals, communications systems are not expected to be done anytime soon and "will continue into 2022". Once that is done testing of the whole line can commence meaning full line testing probably wont start until Summer 2022 at the earliest.
They're already working on the catenary system. I would expect the first trains through by the end of 2021. The finishings (tiles, wall coverings, windows, etc.) of the stations will be done early next year, with testing over the summer.

Doesn't Nov. 2022 leave quite a bit of time to finish all that stuff? Next fall seems like a reasonable goal to me.
As the stations themselves get finished one by one, they'll add the workers to the remaining stations. Which will speed things up. A couple of stations near me are just about finished, and just need cleaning up.

As the stations themselves get finished one by one, they'll add the workers to the remaining stations. Which will speed things up. A couple of stations near me are just about finished, and just need cleaning up.
From what I been told, very little to be done inside for Keelesdale and Mount Dennis with Caledonia being early 2022.

Keelesdale is basely finish on the outside, with Mount Dennis by year end. Caledonia will be by Q1 in 2022 subject to weather. Kennedy Station surface area could be finish by year end and no idea on the station itself. The Science Centre Station is almost complete now.

The rest I can't speak to as I don't follow them nor visit other than Yonge.

Back