News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 809     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.3K     3 

Danforth Line 2 Scarborough Subway Extension

Are we putting the SRT related stuff here?

If so, Steve Munro has a new piece up looking at the options, and noting a customer survey on preferences.

Steve's Piece: https://stevemunro.ca/2021/10/12/line-3-srt-replacement-options/#more-39527

TTC Survey: https://line3bus.ca/survey
The question is if Metrolinx will allow them to do the former. I think we'll likely see work being done on building a GO Station at Lawrence (even if info on this is minimal at the moment) and Metrolinx might say no you can't have a roadway here while we build this new station.

The question is if Metrolinx will allow them to do the former. I think we'll likely see work being done on building a GO Station at Lawrence (even if info on this is minimal at the moment) and Metrolinx might say no you can't have a roadway here while we build this new station.

There is no GO Station at Lawrence in the plans anymore.

That's been nixed.

I'll just say that I have strong doubts on that.

Budget documents are publicly available for both Mx and the City.

There is no funded project.

Certainly someone could change their mind in the future; but it is not happening now.

I would have hoped that a positive outcome from this would be a linear park on the SRT structure and new BRT lanes on an adjacent street. Seems that none of this will happen in the end...
To be fair, that's still possible after the SSE opens. The busway is not permanent AFAIK. Even then, you can still build an elevated park between Midland and STC considering that the TTC doesn't need that portion for the busway.

Add another year to that construction and back to where we were supposed to be in 2015, LRT from Kennedy to

Malvern Town Centre

Once the extension is completed and operational, am I correct that none of it will use the existing SRT infrastructure?

If this is the case, if they can find a way to temporarily use the ROW of the SRT for buses, that would work. Mind you, why can't they just keep the SRT running till the extension is open?
The current fleet is 10 years past it's original life expectancy. The average life expectancy of subway and similar rolling stock is about 25 to 30 years with rebuilds. The current trains are near 40 years old at this point and getting parts for them is getting harder and harder now.

The current fleet is 10 years past it's original life expectancy. The average life expectancy of subway and similar rolling stock is about 25 to 30 years with rebuilds. The current trains are near 40 years old at this point and getting parts for them is getting harder and harder now.
I used to be in the military. We made our own parts.... What is 5 more years? Run them at a lower frequency if need be.

I used to be in the military. We made our own parts.... What is 5 more years? Run them at a lower frequency if need be.
The difference is funding. The TTC doesn't have the money too keep them running any longer. If Rob Ford hadn't cancelled the LRT projects we would have two LRT lines running by this point. The original plan was that the SRT would close after the Pan Am games was over and buses would run until the existing right of way was converted to be able to run the LRTs on at the same time a line was going to be extended from Don Mills sation to Sheppard Avenue East and medovalle road where both the Sheppard line and the extended Scarborough line would meet with one of them branching off to serve the Toronto Zoo. However do to city council changing the plans and everything having to go back to the planning stages it ment that they had to extend the SRT for longer and then with the province and Metrolinx redesigning everything again it delayed things even more than if the city of Toronto was building the line.

Back