News   Apr 23, 2024
 141     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 645     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 428     0 

Roads: Gardiner Expressway catch-all, incl. Hybrid Design (2015-onwards)

Or maybe it is just easier to leave it and demolish it with those it is connected to in 2023?
He talking about the bent at the Don Roadway, not the one to the west. From what I have seen, there is no structural issue once the bent is remove. There was one beside it and it gone. Most likely lack of time and part of this Friday work

If you look above at 795 posting, you will see the 2 bents and was the on ramp support.

So how long till Google erases the Gardiner ramp that's been torn down from its map?
It's already gone
1632321425196.png

Nice!

Walked down to Lake Shore (and Booth) yesterday afternoon; below is a before/after shot (not a huge difference from this distance). Definitely feels more open while driving closer to Cherry.
before.jpg
PXL_20210921_221747105.jpg

After demolition of Ramp is done, will they start working on the lake shore alignment and new Ramps down/up Gardner?

Nice!

Walked down to Lake Shore (and Booth) yesterday afternoon; below is a before/after shot (not a huge difference from this distance). Definitely feels more open while driving closer to Cherry.
View attachment 350672View attachment 350673
Now raise the crosswalk and cycle track to create a speed hump to slow down the motorists turning at the corner.

nanaimo-continuous-sidewalk.jpg
From link.

(Note the "shark's teeth", which means YIELD. Which means while the motorists does not have to stop, they better slow down and yield the right-of-way to pedestrians, cyclists, and the other motorists in the main roadway.)

Last edited:
Was curious, is that bent needed for structural reasons for the bridge part it's attached to?
I've been scratching my head for a couple of weeks now.

What's a bent?

They are no longer using the spit. Almost all goes into NEW concrete or gravel
Why not into the current lakefill area south of the Ashbridges Bay sewage treatment plant, between Leslie and Coxwell?

I've been scratching my head for a couple of weeks now.

What's a bent?

Why not into the current lakefill area south of the Ashbridges Bay sewage treatment plant, between Leslie and Coxwell?
If you look at my posting above, you will see the steel bent at the Don Roadway

After demolition of Ramp is done, will they start working on the lake shore alignment and new Ramps down/up Gardner?
Work will start to rebuild Lake Shore east of the Don. Some work will start at Cherry St going east for the westbound lane as it will have the least interference with the existing structure until the next phase of the Gardiner starts. One of the exist bridge will be remove to allow the widen of the Don. Once that bridge replace, the other one will see the same thing.

Back