News   Apr 18, 2024
 697     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 6.3K     2 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.4K     4 

GO Transit: Construction Projects (Metrolinx, various)

Not sure, going to bring it forward for everyone, including the associated commentary.

1625866167380.png

Devastating. Who would let their kids play that close to fast moving diesel trains :D . I'm pretty sure Metrolinx will not have the playground sitting next to the track with simply a sign to dissuade kids from going on the tracks. I am pro-underground but I have a hard time not rolling my eyes at the over dramatization.

Devastating. Who would let their kids play that close to fast moving diesel trains :D . I'm pretty sure Metrolinx will not have the playground sitting next to the track with simply a sign to dissuade kids from going on the tracks. I am pro-underground but I have a hard time not rolling my eyes at the over dramatization.

Not sure, going to bring it forward for everyone, including the associated commentary.

View attachment 333842
They let their kids play similarly close to "fast moving" cars! Maybe we should put all the roads underground? (That was a joke)

On a more serious note, does anyone on this forum know where they got those drawings? Or was I asleep when I "read" someone's link to it again ...

They let their kids play similarly close to "fast moving" cars! Maybe we should put all the roads underground? (That was a joke)

On a more serious note, does anyone on this forum know where they got those drawings? Or was I asleep when I "read" someone's link to it again ...
Back in the 1900's, kids played in the streets (along with the horses) before the automobile came along.

C-6KvBLXoAM--vv
From link.
p-21953-aart.jpg
From link..
EM-COMPOSITE-BALHAM.jpg
From link.

What are they doing this for?

I don't know this for sure but I saw it happening as well. My speculation was that it is being done in anticipation of the repairs being done to the Don trail, that section of trail is very narrow so maybe it's being removed to allow for the trail to be marginally widened?

That's assuming that the signals here are outdated and have been replaced by something more modern. If anyone else has any more info I'd appreciate it.

Edit: I think I'm right:
1626115015255.png

Last edited:

Back