News   Mar 28, 2024
 88     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 226     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 2.2K     1 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s

If money was no object it would be really neat to go back and "modernize" some of our stations, although looking at what happened on Line 1 south of Bloor perhaps it is best we don't. The TTC can design some nice stations like for example St.Clair West which was desinged by the TTC's in-house architect and is imo an underrated station in the network as far as style and looks goes. One of my favourite modernization's outside of Toronto is Ueno Station in Tokyo which was pretty much unchanged from its opening in 1927. The updated version is so much better; but I guess that is what happens when you have that Olympic money. I've always wondered how different Toronto would be had we won either of our bids of the summer games.

Anyways here's Ueno Station before its modernization:
View attachment 327278

And after in 2018:
View attachment 327279
Off topic, but I envy systems that have uncluttered passenger information display layout.

^^ they also can't fit under streetcar wires
And yet you see tourist double-deckers going to King Street under the streetcar wires all the time.

1623455029655.png

They have trolleybuses in Vancouver, and they've run double deckers under the wires before.
Don't have to go to Vancouver. Megabus doubledeckers served the old bus terminal at Bay/Dundas until recently. And there's no way in or out of there without crossing under TTC streetcar wires. Bhad is simply wrong.

Don't have to go to Vancouver. Megabus doubledeckers served the old bus terminal at Bay/Dundas until recently. And there's no way in or out of there without crossing under TTC streetcar wires. Bhad is simply wrong.
It has more to do with the height of some of the railroad overpasses in the city along with some roads too. Also not every station could accommodate them with out a lot of work.

The last four photos, is that the location for the second entrance?
Both entrances are on the north side of Eglinton. You can see one of them as the large concrete monolith at the extreme right-hand side of the first two images.

This appears to be the construction site for the upcoming CentreCourt Condo, which is at the south-west corner of the intersection.

Dan

Both entrances are on the north side of Eglinton. You can see one of them as the large concrete monolith at the extreme right-hand side of the first two images.

This appears to be the construction site for the upcoming CentreCourt Condo, which is at the south-west corner of the intersection.

Dan
There's actually a potential third entrance in the CentreCourt Condo.

First time on a Sunday that I saw no one working on the ROW. Lots of rail to see rubber molding wrap on both side of the rail. Not sure how that will not be an impact on testing the cars unless testing is at night.

Signs up at intersections on both sides of the pole warning everyone about testing the cars, but no shot of one at this time.

There's actually a potential third entrance in the CentreCourt Condo.
There is (or was supposed to be) a knock-out panel within the station, yes.

But did they say that they were going to build that entrance there as part of the building construction? If so, that's fantastic news.

Dan

There is (or was supposed to be) a knock-out panel within the station, yes.

But did they say that they were going to build that entrance there as part of the building construction? If so, that's fantastic news.

Dan

Here you go:

1568340398484.png

Source: CentreCourt's e-mail newsletter

The project name is actually The Forest Hill Condominiums, though CentreCourt is the name of the developer.

Last edited:

Back