Toronto Ontario Line 3 | ?m | ?s

Keep us posted please!
Will do.
I sent an enquiry to the email address included in the notification asking why my property was included given its distance from the current corridor. Asking if it was conceivable that the new corridor was going to be 130m wider than the existing one. I suppose they could be considering putting some support infrastructure around here, beyond the actual rail corridor.

Keep us posted please!

Apparently this was the notification map. Got it from a Pape Area Concerned Citizens for Transit email update.

Screenshot_2021-06-08_235108.jpg

That's not *that* approximate. It's just six houses!
Approximate enough. I'm hard pressed to see how any houses on Wardell Street would need something on title - as they are all on the west side of the street, and the east side is all green space. Let alone 2 blocks further west!

I just got a notification from Metrolinx that my house is within 30m of a new transit corridor (Ontario Line) and that they would be putting a note on my legal title to that effect.
They must be defining the new corridor width pretty generously because I am about 160m from the current corridor.
You can click on my location to see my approximate address.
There are also restrictions on what changes I can make to my property.

Sorry if this has been mentioned previously, I checked back a couple pages and didn't see anything.
So no swimming pool installation for you. Darn.

I saw that from their email newsletter. It's weird that they're blasting that out while sending out letters to people 100+ metres away from the current corridor. Maybe someone should tweet at Anne Marie Aikins...

Exactly. They have a huge ROW but rather placing the Ontario tracks close to the edges so they have space to shift railway tracks around in the rest of the corridor, they put it well inside their property line so that if ever they do need more tracks the only way to do it is to rip up the subway line or have mass expropriations.

Reactions: syn
Exactly. They have a huge ROW but rather placing the Ontario tracks close to the edges so they have space to shift railway tracks around in the rest of the corridor, they put it well inside their property line so that if ever they do need more tracks the only way to do it is to rip up the subway line or have mass expropriations.
the diagram there is accurate for the whole route for most of it (or at least at stations) it is pretty much right up against the edge. There's not really any more room at overpasses and stations and such without mass expropriation so 🤷‍♂️

I don't know what alignment study these folks were using, but they have at least two stations in the wrong locations. King/Bathurst shows a north-south tunnel alignment that has been changed in current designs. The obvious errors in so recent a document cannot be explained by timing, only by incompetence.
Steve - our volunteers went back to the source on this to confirm - "Metrolinx didn't update the alignment on their open source that's why BOTH RatioCity UX and the GIS tools had the same (older?) alignment."

Work is based on OPEN DATA released by Metrolinx "Future Regional Transit Network Shapefile" and will be revised as/when Metrolinx updates it.

Back