News   Apr 18, 2024
 579     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 4.8K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.3K     4 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

Taken from track level on the Barrie Line under Eglinton near Caledonia station on June 2, 2021:

IMG_0595.jpg
IMG_0596.jpg
IMG_0597.jpg
IMG_0598.jpg
IMG_0599.jpg
IMG_0600.jpg

Good thing there was no GO Train passing by me when I took the photo despite the Barrie Line being active when I took the photos, which was during the early evening.

Taken from track level on the Barrie Line under Eglinton near Caledonia station on June 2, 2021:

View attachment 325311View attachment 325312View attachment 325313View attachment 325314View attachment 325315View attachment 325316

Good thing there was no GO Train passing by me when I took the photo despite the Barrie Line being active when I took the photos, which was during the early evening.
Please be careful. Standing on the tracks is not a good idea, even if these are good photos.

From link. Service Changes Effective Sunday, June 20, 2021

New Route Numbers
In preparation for the opening of the 5 Eglinton Crosstown and 6 Finch West LRT lines, routes now bearing these numbers have been changed.​
  • 5 Avenue Road is now 13 Avenue Road
  • 6 Bay is now 19 Bay

Is there a method to how route numbers are determined? Specifically, these ones?

The most recent article I found was hilariously a BlogTO one: https://www.blogto.com/city/2015/11/whats_the_meaning_behind_ttc_route_numbers/

500 for Streetcars,

900 for Rocket Express buses

00 - 150-ish for Local buses

400 for Community Buses

@smallspy Perhaps you can correct but if I am not mistaken there is still an internal number for the subway services which I believe is 600 something. IIRC that was the reason the 604 Harbourfront was renumbered as the 509.

500 for Streetcars,

400 for Community Buses

@smallspy Perhaps you can correct but if I am not mistaken there is still an internal number for the subway services which I believe is 600 something. IIRC that was the reason the 604 Harbourfront was renumbered as the 509.
Subways haven't used internal numbers for quite some time. They are given the lowest in the sequence - 1 to 4, with 5 and 6 to be added soon.

In addition to the above, the high-100s were used - for a very short while - as routes that "extended" a base route but stayed entirely within Toronto, and the 200s were used for routes that "extended" a base route but travelled out of Toronto. For instance, 167 was used on the north end of Pharmacy, and 268 was the northern section of the 68 Warden route. This numbering scheme has fallen out of favour to a degree, although the TTC still does like to use the "+100" method of numbering if they split a route up.

Dan

500 for Streetcars,

400 for Community Buses

Never understood why Brampton with the 500 series of numbers for its Züm routes? They are certainly not streetcars in Brampton.

Never understood why Brampton with the 500 series of numbers for its Züm routes? They are certainly not streetcars in Brampton.
Because Brampton isn't ttc. There is no numbering standard set out by ML on how to call routes in the gta. They can use whatever number they want.

edit: YRT uses 6xx for the viva routes.... dont see any subways under hwy 7....

Last edited:
In New York City, they prefix the bus routes with:

Mnnn — Manhatten
Bnnn — Brooklyn
Bxnnn — Bronx
Qnnn — Queens
Snnn — Staten Island

Maybe the GTHA should as well. They can decide in a cage match on what prefix to use. Toronto has dibs on "T".

In New York City, they prefix the bus routes with:

Mnnn — Manhatten
Bnnn — Brooklyn
Bxnnn — Bronx
Qnnn — Queens
Snnn — Staten Island

Maybe the GTHA should as well. They can decide in a cage match on what prefix to use. Toronto has dibs on "T".
T/TOR = Toronto
MISS = Mississauga
BT = Brampton
YRT = YRT
DRT = DRT
OAK = Oakville
BUR = Burlington
HAM = Hamilton
MILT = Milton

Back