Toronto First Parliament Site | ?m | ?s

Public Zoom meeting:

1617802277118.png

You need to REGISTER at FirstParliament.To/TownHall

Described as:
Hosted by Councillor Kristyn Wong-Tam on Thursday, April 15 at 6 p.m. Special guests include representatives from the provincial body responsible for building the Ontario Line - Metrolinx - along with representatives from City Planning, CreateTO, and the City's Transit Expansion office.

ADVANCE QUESTIONS ACCEPTED: If you have any questions to submit in advance of the meeting, you will be asked after RSVPing to enter them. Please submit them before April 12, 2021, directing your question to the appropriate division or organization.

This certainly suggests that the province is going to take over the land and do its own thing including the Ontario line station (though they do include a photo of the Staples), which may or may not align with what the city wants.

^ is everything but the green tea parking lot owned by the Province? I think the car wash portion might be on by the city because of the land swap?

^ is everything but the green tea parking lot owned by the Province? I think the car wash portion might be on by the city because of the land swap?
The Ontario Heritage Trust owns the car dealer building and its rear parking lot The City owns the remainder. Interestingly, the OHT has ownership of its properties 'in perpetuity' to protect Provincial heritage property but hey, I guess the Ford Gang can just change the law.

Last edited:
They do mention the library, but I think building multiple towers between Front and Esplanade was not exactly what the city was thinking for this site.

Pictures from the province's news story - yep, as I thought they're going to use to land to make (some) money back... Good imo, but I bet the City and locals aren't keen!

View attachment 312217View attachment 312219
Though I agree that if this site is to be on top of a transit hub, it DOES need some density around it, this local is certainly not too keen and I will not be until I see a "final' plan showing the height and density (and purpose) of exactly what will be on the site, the size of the 'public space' and some guarantee that if the Ontario Line's First Parliament Station is NOT built, the land will be returned to the City so that the ongoing plans for the First Parliament site can be realised. If the space allocated to parks is insufficient maybe the Province could pay for the park planned for the north east corner of Mill & Parliament.

Back