Toronto Concord Sky | 299m | 85s | Concord Adex | Kohn Pedersen Fox

As we wait for YSL limbo to subside, it's tough not to re-imagine the site with solid ownership and a new design. My (useless) design vote goes to NorthshoreCity's fantasy rendering below... back to 2 very handsome towers. Have a look if you are as bored of this gaping hole as I am:
https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/attachments/render-1-jpg.299539/
:cool:

The way it looks right now a big hole with ice how about a ice skating rink? I don’t understand how city allows rotten deep hole abandoned almost a year in the heart of the city and stay silence

If by rave you mean an illegal party with electronic DJs then yes, they still happened pre-pandemic but they aren't as large or frequent as yesteryear.
This is a huge over generalization about "raves"

As some who his big into the edm scene, it's unfortunate how entwined the two still are but there are plenty of "raves" concerts, festivals whatever you like to call them, that are a ton of fun where the artists put a lot of time not just in to making their songs, but also to creating an exciting and cohesive set list for the audience. It's not simply about getting messed up unless ur in a back corner room with some no name toronto dj who spins 12-5

The way it looks right now a big hole with ice how about a ice skating rink? I don’t understand how city allows rotten deep hole abandoned almost a year in the heart of the city and stay silence

What is it that you would like the City to do?

It's private property.

The City's mandate to intervene would be based on safety, a risk, either to the general public, or the adjoining property.

For that the City has the authority to issue legal orders to make-safe.

In the event of non-compliance, the City could intervene to make-safe; and then bill the owner; though that is exceedingly rare.

So, in light of the discussion here about the state of the site, I decided to muddle through the various permits for this one.

I think I need a second set of eyes...........

Because I don't see a permit issued for site drainage, or shoring or even soil remediation.

I see the permits applied for...........but none show as issued.......

Except for demolition and the heritage retention system for the facade.

Am I missing a permit?

There's a lot, maybe I've misread one........

Otherwise I'm confused about how the hole got dug without a valid permit......

Skating rink during the winter, pool during the summer

Win win win!

Even the Palace of the Soviets swimming pool wasn't used as a skating rink during the winter and Moscow is known for its harsh winters.

What is it that you would like the City to do?

Its private property.

The City's mandate to intervene would be based on safety, a risk, either to the general public, or the adjoining property.

For that the City has the authority to issue legal orders to make-safe.

In the event of non-compliance, the City could intervene to make-safe; and then bill the owner; though that is exceedingly rare.
There's plenty of privately operated skating rinks in Toronto.

This is a huge over generalization about "raves"

I'm fairly well entrenched in the scene myself and think the generalization would be saying that any type of party with electronic music is considered a rave. This is usually said by people that aren't in the scene or just getting into the scene. But at the end of the day everyone has their own definition of what a rave is. A DJ friend of mine used to call every party he attended a rave and would constantly have his balls busted over it. You could also be more strict than my previous post and say it's not a rave unless it's filled with candy kids in rave attire pushing the PLUR mantra.

Back