East FiftyFive (Lamb Dev Corp/Hyde Park Homes) - Real Estate -

@asoong I'm moving over from King and Spadina too (Brant Park)! And hoping it's quieter also.
cool.. I'm coming from Glas on Oxley and facing south into the alleyway. I've heard many breakups and fights at night at night. I'm really excited for the new area to liven up from a restaurant/convenience perspective, however am glad it won't have much too much of a club scene.

That's too funny, we moved from King and Bathurst. I miss the conveniences and Wilbur but not the noise and douchey crowds :p
tell me about it haha.

with respect to convenience, I'm interested in seeing what grocery retailer ends up at the base of Home: Power and Adelaide

How did your PDI go @asoong? We’re you happy with the unit?
It was good. Better than I expected as the issues were relatively minor, paint stuff, some chips or scratches here and there on some of the kitchen stuff. The really odd thing was that they put in an old dented white fridge in the spot where the fridge was supposed to go. Not sure if it was meant to be a placeholder before the got the final thing or not. I didn't check inside to see if the worker's lunches were in there ;P. Picture below of the fridge.

I didn't get to go on the balcony as they're still finishing that stuff up and I didn't get to see the parking space/locker yet as the fob wasn't available apparently. Anyways, hope it's all ready by the time we get possession or at least when we move in.

IMG_20210114_120924 - cropped.jpg

Long time viewer, first time poster. I purchased a Nagoya and had my PDI today. Question for those who also have a Nagoya layout. The master bedroom door is a sliding door that does not slide over flush with the window wall because the baseboard is sticking out by a few inches ( the sliding door makes contact with the baseboard first, which leaves a large gap between the door and wall for pretty much the length of the entire door). The builder claims it it is installed as per design. But it is very strange to me that the door cannot actually slide over to 'close'.

My question for the other Nagoya owners, have you thought of any clever ways to fill the gap?

I think my plan is to hire a contractor and rip out the sliding door to replace it with a normal door (if that's even possible).

PXL_20210126_152634186.MP.jpg

Long time viewer, first time poster. I purchased a Nagoya and had my PDI today. Question for those who also have a Nagoya layout. The master bedroom door is a sliding door that does not slide over flush with the window wall because the baseboard is sticking out by a few inches ( the sliding door makes contact with the baseboard first, which leaves a large gap between the door and wall for pretty much the length of the entire door). The builder claims it it is installed as per design. But it is very strange to me that the door cannot actually slide over to 'close'.

My question for the other Nagoya owners, have you thought of any clever ways to fill the gap?

I think my plan is to hire a contractor and rip out the sliding door to replace it with a normal door (if that's even possible).

View attachment 296474
Hi @m3austin - I share your frustration. Such a strange design choice to put a slider there in the first place, then made worse by the fact that it doesn't even close! I'm sure there are some temporary solutions if you want to temporarily close the gap...but I think the best solution is to add a proper door. Yours is slightly different than mine in that my windows go virtually right to the floor, but I think it will be basically the same job. Perhaps we could find a contractor together and see if they are interested in doing both jobs at the same time? I think I am planning to wait until we close tho as it's a bit of a job. What do you think?

Back