1604429916855.png

1604429868833.png

Attachments

• 1604429769628.png
    1604429769628.png
    166.6 KB · Views: 319
This is the assembly of properties in question:

1604430617286.png

This is the north side of the Campbell/Dupont intersection, adjacent to this parcel:

1604430507850.png

If you look at the properties on both sides of Dupont in the area; a significant ask for the side street might seem premature; but perhaps not.

A broader look at the block shows these homes largely bound by commercial uses, sites likely destined for redevelopment themselves, along with the CPR tracks to the north.

1604431010838.png

Source: All photos - Google/Streetview

I live about 5 minutes NE of here. I'm all for yellowbelt intensification here on Campbell, although it's a shame that Marlin Spring are the ones doing the assembly.

The retail plaza lining Symington with the Beer Store is also prime for redevelopment. The plot of land to the east features a large amount of employment space. It's not really an aesthetically appealing group of buildings, but it serves reasonable contributions to the area.

Interesting. You're not getting more than 4 storeys in a Neighbourhood without an OPA so this seems like a lot of work for little benefit unless they go taller.

I live about 5 minutes NE of here. I'm all for yellowbelt intensification here on Campbell, although it's a shame that Marlin Spring are the ones doing the assembly.

The retail plaza lining Symington with the Beer Store is also prime for redevelopment. The plot of land to the east features a large amount of employment space. It's not really an aesthetically appealing group of buildings, but it serves reasonable contributions to the area.

The Beer Store / Caldense plaza was up for sale off market a year or two ago. It excludes the BMO on the corner but includes the parking lot north of 336 Campbell, and part of the frontage on Dupont IIRC.

The Beer Store / Caldense plaza was up for sale off market a year or two ago. It excludes the BMO on the corner but includes the parking lot north of 336 Campbell, and part of the frontage on Dupont IIRC.

Interesting. I pass through here almost daily and have often wondered why that plaza with the beer store still hasn't seen any development, or the Piri Piri building, or the brownfield on the corner. Seems there are ample opportunities for developers in the immediate area...

South-west corner of Symington and Dupont is a bit of a mystery. Seems like a good place for 10-12 stacked towns. Would love a mid-rise with retail there, but it's too small when you apply the Mid Rise Guidelines nonsense.

Nothing worth saving.

It depends on what's being proposed. I'd take those houses over an empty lot, big box retail, slab towers, unattractive low-quality condos, and suburban-style detached houses with garages and driveways along the street. Also, I'd save the mature trees along the road regardless of what happens.

Interesting. I pass through here almost daily and have often wondered why that plaza with the beer store still hasn't seen any development, or the Piri Piri building, or the brownfield on the corner. Seems there are ample opportunities for developers in the immediate area...

The Piri Piri building, and that whole block of commercial buildings, is relatively new. From the 90's or later.

Back