News   May 01, 2024
 1.3K     1 
News   May 01, 2024
 366     0 
News   May 01, 2024
 368     0 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

These videos somewhat exaggerate the situation by using very carefully selected camera angles and such. I see people in their own pods relatively spaced out in an open outside area. It's not that big a deal at all and really not the issue to be worried about. The real problem is these people mixing indoors later, and there are definitely groups having Saturday night group parties in downtown condos now. I'd be far more worried about that.
I realize camera angles and focal lengths can give different impression, but from the photos I’ve seen and report from a friend who passes by the area for work it was quite crowded and there was little effort in distancing.

There's an idea! I've been working this whole time and never thought to charge a Covid fee!

Ripping myself off, clearly.

PPE is cheap and only low-margin businesses are going to pass that cost on. If I even tried passing that particular cost on to my clients it'd amount to a negligible rounding error.

Be wary of businesses upcharging for plague reasons......only some may have actual reason to do so. I'd walk away from most, myself. Sounds like bullshit to me.

Plexiglas isn't cheap, plus the cost of installation. One local business told me their first quote for about 7'x3' probably 3/16" was $1,000 for one customer contact station. After all this is said and done, that is a sunk cost. I've offered to relieve them of that burden for pennies on the dollar. ;)

I realize camera angles and focal lengths can give different impression, but from the photos I’ve seen and report from a friend who passes by the area for work it was quite crowded and there was little effort in distancing.

They should give people a choice. Groups of 5 from the same household or large gatherings WITH proper PPE.

Make gatherings legal with proper protection. This would give people the ability to see friends and family and not give them a leg to stand on if they don't wear a mask.

Think of it like a compromise.

Last weekend, north. This weekend, west.

Just got home from Grand Bend and The Pinery ????
I love that place....such unique ecology and the sand dunes. 3 hr barefoot hike. Connected with the Earth, forgot about the plague for a few.

Anyway, place was like 20% capacity only so I suggest you all make your way there before everyone else realises this.

Sounds kinky!

My last bathtub shave before the plague involved me meeting one of my mates' new girlfriends for the first time. Anyway, within two minutes of them getting to my place, she was towering over me, shaving it all off. So, I guess it has its charms. ;)

My mother said it best. The weather is getting warmer and people have been cooped up for 3 months.

Try as they will, politicians cannot keep people locked away and/or separated indefinitely. People will want to see their friends and family and that means gathering in the park or in larger than approved groups.

Pandoras Box has been opened and the damage has been done. People have had enough of being away from the people they love, they got a taste of freedom and ran with it.

Sorry folks, there is no putting this genie back into the bottle. People will be gathering in groups and going against recommendations like it or not.

So, that's all "what can you do" but me wanting to go camping on Crown land is dangerous and I'm the reason people are getting infected?

Do you even know what comes out of your mouth? Legit question.

We'll forget about how two days after wigging out on me with your bullshit accusations, you started clamouring for hair salons to open up.

:rolleyes:

You weren't shut down by government order. Stores that were ordered to close still had to pay rent with very little profits coming in. PPE is another added cost a lot of stores/restaurants cannot afford. You will pay the added cost one way or another, either by a fee tacked on the bill or if they are smart they will quietly raise their prices without people noticing.

Pay it or our downtown's will become ghost towns.

I was saying that not all businesses have a reason to upcharge "because plague" and that only low-margin businesses should need to do so.

I though I said that.....in the post you quoted.

Just saying. ;)

So, that's all "what can you do" but me wanting to go camping on Crown land is dangerous and I'm the reason people are getting infected?

Do you even know what comes out of your mouth? Legit question.

We'll forget about how two days after wigging out on me with your bullshit accusations, you started clamouring for hair salons to open up.

:rolleyes:

My apologies sunrise.

That being said it's obvious people can't be trusted. May as well make the best of it

I showed my wife the story about the park full of people and she was livid about it. Just so irresponsible.

Also, I managed to get a haircut. Not from any salon, just from my mom.

Back