News   Apr 24, 2024
 70     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 252     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 575     0 

Canadian Tire

Are the escalators just access or is it two-floor? I can't remember the last time I saw a two-floor CTC. It actually looks pretty good in the warehouse/exposed concrete style.
You should visit the one at the Bay and Dundas location or the Lawrence and Allen location. Both are two-floor Canadian Tire stores.

Are the escalators just access or is it two-floor? I can't remember the last time I saw a two-floor CTC. It actually looks pretty good in the warehouse/exposed concrete style.

The store itself is below grade. Access is from the street.

1589548087577.png

Young and Davenport is three floors. Automotive on ground floor, main store on first floor and seasonal on second or mezzanine floor.

Yes, an underground, a ground, and an upstairs.

Though, hold on.....I've never actually been to the Young and Davenport. :p

Ok, not sure why you're so up on this, but I'm sure we all know what upstairs at the Davenport location means.

Never mind, it's not nearly this important.

What happened to the Canadian Tire driving school? I‘m all set to book my kids this summer into driving classes and I see the place at Leslie St. is gone. What’s up CTC? Did you give up on driving already?

Canadian-Tire1.jpg

What happened to the Canadian Tire driving school? I‘m all set to book my kids this summer into driving classes and I see the place at Leslie St. is gone. What’s up CTC? Did you give up on driving already?

Yup. Shut down last year.

Not surprising. Driving school is expensive, they probably did not make much money off it.

When I took driving lessons in 2006 it was 300 dollars but now it is 3-4 times that.
Shame. I don’t want to send my daughter to some fly by night driving school, like I used in the late 1980s. I think I’ll go with Young Drivers in Yorkville, https://www.yd.com/locations/on/toronto-downtown

I really don’t care what it costs and was ready to give Canadian Tire the $3,000 or whatever to train my two teenagers.

Shame. I don’t want to send my daughter to some fly by night driving school, like I used in the late 1980s. I think I’ll go with Young Drivers in Yorkville, https://www.yd.com/locations/on/toronto-downtown

I really don’t care what it costs and was ready to give Canadian Tire the $3,000 or whatever to train my two teenagers.

Peters is not bad either. I know alot of people who went with them.

Peters is not bad either. I know alot of people who went with them.
They weren’t well regarded here.

Truly, I’d like to find a female driving instructor with clearly spoken English. Driving schools seem to pull from the same pool of incomprehensible, discourteous and aggressive drivers as taxis, often from cultural and religious backgrounds where women are not treated fairly, and I wouldn’t trust them with my or anyone’s daughter. That’s why Canadian Tire appealed to me whatever the price, as I assumed their drivers would be highly vetted and the school ran professionally.

Last edited:
Whoever you go with, check to make sure they are approved by the MTO (listed on their website). Interesting that a company named "Peters" does not appear under Toronto, although they might have a different corporate name or be registered under an adjoining municipality. Agree that Young Drivers is a good bet - worked for me oh so many moons ago. I notice that CAA recently got out of the game.

Back