News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.6K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 345     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 910     1 

GO Transit: Construction Projects (Metrolinx, various)

^ Small point. They are now calling it "GO Expansion" instead of "GO RER". This is for the "On Corr" contract that's in the RFP stage right now.

I still like the name "GO Regional Express Rail" rather than just "GO Expansion", and the system name will probably be called "GO RER" once most of the double tracks and electrification are completed.

^ I tend to agree. Although I wonder if "regional" and "express" gives the impression it only services those needs. Some shorter distant trips will also see the benefit of electrification and more two-way service. Maybe GO Rapid Rail. Or GO Rapido :)

Rutherford GO - Parking Structure:

IMG_4732.jpg

Keep in mind the system will not complete during the current government, also probably not the next term.

While thats true, even if the Liberals get re-elected, they will want nothing to do with any branding that would be associated with the dumpster fire that was the Wynne government.

Also this might not be news, but the name “Confederation” is final. I was hoping that it would be “Stoney Creek”, but no. I know West Harbour was called “James Street North” for a while before the final name was determined.
Technically Confederation GO is not located in the former City of Stoney Creek.
Screen Shot 2020-05-14 at 10.04.16 PM.png

Very interesting. I just assumed it was due to all of the nearby retail saying Stoney Creek. Thanks for the clarification, I feel better about the name now!

It would have likely been named Centennial (given that it's on Centennial Parkway) if it wasn't for a Centennial Station already existing in Markham.

As for the border itself, yeah it's kinda weird. South of Queenston Rd it's on or west of Centennial, but north of there it's way over at Grays Rd. For trip purposes though, increasingly everything east of the Red Hill effectively functions as Stoney Creek.

Back