Toronto One Front | 170.86m | 49s | Larco | a—A

viewSupportingDoc - 2020-04-30T085412.701.jpg
wefaa.jpg
fewasw.jpg
ewfwasd.jpg
vaasdas.jpg

There are a pile of changes to the internals, including moving the hotel into one of the two towers (both towers redesigned), and replacing the hotel that was going to go into the Dominion Public Building area with lots of office space. Far fewer residential suites now proposed.

Read all about it in our front page story:

Massing Revised, Office Space Added to Mixed-Use One Front Proposal

Though I still wish Hines had their hand on this site because they would have done a much better job with doing justice with this site, the revision we're seeing here is a lot better than the trash that was first proposed by Larco. However, the office bridge that connects the two towers needs a lot of work because as it currently stands, it looks like a joke.

In an ideal world I wish the Dominion building was never touched to begin with but seeing as this is Toronto, we obviously have to mess with every single historic building we have. I'm just counting down the days where we'll build some kind of condo complex that messes with the CN Tower.

I'm sorry is that cibc square in the back of this render because damn that's off model.

Otherwise I think this looks decent. In light of covid I'm a little worried about some of these beautiful office spaces will be in jeopardy. Between cibc square, 160 front, the hub, sugar warf and this, that is a lot of office space.

Last edited:
Otherwise I think this looks decent. In light of covid I'm a little worried about some of these beautiful office spaces will be in jeopardy. Between cibc square, 240 front, the hub, sugar warf and this, that is a lot of office space.
Yup Covid is worrying everyone but i wouldn't worry too much, most of those buildings you mentioned won't be ready to move in for at least 5 years
we should all back to normal in a year or two

Otherwise I think this looks decent. In light of covid I'm a little worried about some of these beautiful office spaces will be in jeopardy. Between cibc square, 240 front, the hub, sugar warf and this, that is a lot of office space.

CIBC phase 1 is 100% leased, CIBC phase 2 is nearly half leased, 100 QQ (which is I assume what you mean by 'Sugar Wharf'') is more than half leased, and if by 240 Front you mean 160 Front, it is also 100% leased.

While of course no one knows for sure what will be the full medium- and long-term effects of the pandemic on office space take-up, what we do know is that going into it, the downtown office market was effectively as tight as it's possible to be, with no signs of letting up. There is loads of office in the pipeline, but more than the majority of the space in the projects that have already actually come to market is already leased.

If I had a financial stake in some of the most exciting office projects that have been announced but not yet gone to market -- The Hub, Union Centre, and 77 Wade being my personal favourites, followed in no particular order by QRC West II, Portland Commons, 58 Atlantic, Commerce Court III, 391 Adelaide W., T3 Sterling, this one, and a smattering of both smaller projects (like 540 King) and massive projects (like East Harbour) -- I'd still be feeling pretty good about things once the acute uncertainty of the next, say, 18-24 months clears, which also probably aligns with the development timelines many of those projects were on, anyway.

CIBC phase 1 is 100% leased, CIBC phase 2 is nearly half leased, 100 QQ (which is I assume what you mean by 'Sugar Wharf'') is more than half leased, and if by 240 Front you mean 160 Front, it is also 100% leased.

While of course no one knows for sure what will be the full medium- and long-term effects of the pandemic on office space take-up, what we do know is that going into it, the downtown office market was effectively as tight as it's possible to be, with no signs of letting up. There is loads of office in the pipeline, but more than the majority of the space in the projects that have already actually come to market is already leased.

If I had a financial stake in some of the most exciting office projects that have been announced but not yet gone to market -- The Hub, Union Centre, and 77 Wade being my personal favourites, followed in no particular order by QRC West II, Portland Commons, 58 Atlantic, Commerce Court III, 391 Adelaide W., T3 Sterling, this one, and a smattering of both smaller projects (like 540 King) and massive projects (like East Harbour) -- I'd still be feeling pretty good about things once the acute uncertainty of the next, say, 18-24 months clears, which also probably aligns with the development timelines many of those projects were on, anyway.
Add Union Park to the list!

Back