Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Definitely following social distancing rules I see:
Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 4.23.39 PM.png

yup, i have many friends that work in the industry and are pretty happy with the rules that have been applied by developers on social distancing @ job sites,
most say that they would rather be working than some measly cheque the government has to offer
I was being sarcastic. They're 3' from each other at best.

People from this exact site are going into local grocery stores to get coffee and food. I have had the displeasure of running into them on multiple occasions, as I've posted about in this forum already.

This is a problem. I don't care if Mizrahi likes to play fast and loose with the rules when they only related to the site, but when it puts other people in danger, it's an issue that needs to be brought up to authorities.

Last edited:

People from this exact site are going into local grocery stores to get coffee and food. I have had the displeasure of running into them on multiple occasions, as I've posted about in this forum already.

This is a problem. I don't care if Mizrahi likes to play fast and loose with the rules when they only related to the site, but when it puts other people in danger, it's an issue that needs to be brought up to authorities.
Im sure that some of the workers that are obeying the distancing rules will be the first ones to complain to the proper authorities, i doubt we need the general public to be spying from different angles and figuring if they are 3, 4, or 5, feet away from each other

You have an appallingly cavalier attitude to all of this. The public shouldn't have to call others out but unfortunately there are reckless selfish people all over the place who just don't get it. People (and health care professionals) are absolutely fed up. There are massively impressive people working frantically to save lives then you get the other extreme: idiots like these people.

It would be one thing if the only person they're putting at risk is themselves but that's not the case.. If they get infected they carry it around everywhere they go. They take it home, to the store,.... everywhere. And then they expect a space at the hospital risking the lives of health care workers. Do we have to start incarcerating these imbeciles?

And to add insult to injury, when you call them out it's met with mockery. Disgusting.

Last edited:
Im sure that some of the workers that are obeying the distancing rules will be the first ones to complain to the proper authorities, i doubt we need the general public to be spying from different angles and figuring if they are 3, 4, or 5, feet away from each other
Sure, if there wasn't a culture of toxic masculinity pervasive in the construction business, where people wouldn't be ostracized for voicing safety concerns.

And before you say it...

Last edited:
Your sources aren't being inflammatory, sensationalist or left bias at all...lol But that word "toxic' has such a dramatic ring to it.

You have an appallingly cavalier attitude to all of this. The public shouldn't have to call others out but unfortunately there are reckless selfish people all over the place who just don't get it. People (and health care professionals) are absolutely fed up. There are massively impressive people working frantically to save lives then you get the other extreme: idiots like these people.

It would be one thing if the only person they're putting at risk is themselves but that's not the case.. If they get infected they carry it around everywhere they go. They take it home, to the store,.... everywhere. And then they expect a space at the hospital risking the lives of health care workers. Do we have to start incarcerating these imbeciles?

And to add insult to injury, when you call them out it's met with mockery. Disgusting.

People can certainly hold varying views about how strong or coercive social distancing measures should be. We're all in uncharted territory here. There's no right answer as to how to strike this balance. Most governments have by now adopted highly similar approaches, but there are notable outliers and its way too early to draw many sweeping conclusions.

With that said, calling construction worker "idiots" for doing their jobs during a crisis isn't a good look.

You are giving Mizrahi to much credit, he is not the one that is enforcing the social distancing on site, that job belongs to the site super and to the foreman of individual crews, he also has no control as to what they do when they are outside of the site, i live in the neighbourhood and from my experience at McEwans across the street from the site and at Bloor St Market has been fine with social distancing, can't speak about other locations, what i find is that a lot of people on the sidewalks and walking into the Subway pay absolutely no attention to how close they actually walk right towards you.

Reactions: rbt
Your sources aren't being inflammatory, sensationalist or left bias at all...lol But that word "toxic' has such a dramatic ring to it.
Oh yes, personal safety and mental health are “left biased”.

You’re kinda making my point for me here, buddy.

p.s.; I added three scholarly articles as sources if that’s better for you.

Last edited:
You are giving Mizrahi to much credit, he is not the one that is enforcing the social distancing on site, that job belongs to the site super and to the foreman of individual crews, he also has no control as to what they do when they are outside of the site, i live in the neighbourhood and from my experience at McEwans across the street from the site and at Bloor St Market has been fine with social distancing, can't speak about other locations, what i find is that a lot of people on the sidewalks and walking into the Subway pay absolutely no attention to how close they actually walk right towards you.
On a recent trip to McEwan, there were four workers from The One in the store. They were ignoring the spacing lines and walking past people without any care to distance.

On a recent trip to McEwan, there were four workers from The One in the store. They were ignoring the spacing lines and walking past people without any care to distance.
Nobody can control what any individual does outside of their work environment regardless if they work in construction, office, retail or any other job, majority of people that pay no attention to how close they come to you when your walking on the sidewalk are not construction workers but regular people.

Nobody can control what any individual does outside of their work environment regardless if they work in construction, office, retail or any other job, majority of people that pay no attention to how close they come to you when your walking on the sidewalk are not construction workers but regular people.
True, however most of those regular people aren’t still currently working with dozens of others in close physical contact. I’d rather pass by three dozen people who’ve been self isolating for the last week than one who’s been working the whole time like nothing’s changed.

Again, there’s no reason non-emergency construction needs to continue.

Last edited:

Back