News   Apr 24, 2024
 163     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 2.2K     5 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 606     0 

ericmacm's Mississauga Future Skyline [SketchUp Rendering]

You should add the Square One district into the renders.

I can't do the Square One District yet. I lack the documents that I would normally have to create my models, and most of the building designs aren't final. If a defined, overall site plan comes out with a clear layout along with a render that shows more of the layout, I can work with it to create a preliminary massing that can be refined over time, like I have been doing with M-City, PSV, and Pinnacle Uptown. At the moment, no such documentation is public. Doing a model with no knowledge of the actual layout is pointless.

The new buildings in the last post I made are, at the moment, the only buildings for the Square One District that have final designs and documentation that makes it possible for me to model them. One can see in the renderings for the Square One District that many buildings still need to be designed, due to the fact that a lot of the massings are copied and skinned with different cladding. As more buildings come through the development applications site, I will model them.

All I can do right now is wait for more material to become available.

Hey Eric,

do you have a kmz file available for download? i'd love to fly around myself in the model! this looks great.

Hey Eric,

do you have a kmz file available for download? i'd love to fly around myself in the model! this looks great.

I intend to offer downloads in the future. What I have right now is not at the point I want it to be yet for public downloads, but I'm not too far off. On the backend, things are unfortunately not very organized and I need to straighten some stuff out before I can get a full .kmz of the proposed buildings ready for download.

Living in pinnacle Uptown , I am excited for the new towers coming up so far the newest being Perla almost finished phase 2 in such short time.

Attachments

• C001C13E-3BAC-4C35-91C1-44E86B0DD55F.jpeg
    C001C13E-3BAC-4C35-91C1-44E86B0DD55F.jpeg
    201.4 KB · Views: 479
Hey everyone, it's been a long minute since I've had an update for this project. I've been working on a lot of other stuff over the past couple of months and finishing up my BASc. The job market has completely imploded for new grad engineers in Windsor given the current circumstances, so I've had some time to work on the Mississauga model. I started working on a preliminary model of the Square One District based on the limited views that the renders showed, added some other developments (Erin Square Condos, Oben Flats, Fairview, and 3600-3606 Hurontario) in addition to making some quality improvements to a lot of the models to better reflect changes to the design (and improve on my own work), mainly for PSV, Pinnacle Uptown, 91 Eglinton, 60 Bristol, and Daniels Erin Mills North. I haven't really touched any Port Credit/Lakeview works yet because it's a mess, and I hope to eventually get to that.

The Square One District completely changes the skyline. Based on what I was able to reverse engineer from the photos, the two tallest towers will be about the height of M3, give or take. So many of these buildings are placeholders, just about every one of them was modeled at 150m or so, except for the offices and two tall buildings that anchor The Strand. Two of the towers even copy the massing from the recently proposed Kariya Gate towers. The buildings will (hopefully) change as the plan goes ahead in stages, but the current model will give a pretty good idea of how the skyline will fill in.

I've only got some Google Earth shots today, unfortunately. I have to put some more work into the overall model for it to play nice with the new rendering software I'm using.

Mississauga Watermarked V5-1 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Mississauga Watermarked V5-2 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Mississauga Watermarked V5-3 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Mississauga Watermarked V5-4 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Mississauga Watermarked V5-5 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Mississauga Watermarked V5-6 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Mississauga Watermarked V5-7 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Mississauga Watermarked V5-8 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Last edited:
Agreed, it's going to be looking huge in a decade. There's still a lot of space to fill in too. There is still more of the SQ1 district that hasn't been outlined yet, in addition to the Square One buildings themselves, the underused lots along Hurontario, the huge tower-in-the-park neighbourhood at the east corner of Hurontario-Burnhamthorpe, the industrial lands stretching out of the west, and the empty MCC Uptown lots.

^Those lots are likely to be filled in over time and parking moved underground similar to the proposal for Yorkdale Mall.

I'm back with another iteration of Mississauga's skyline, this time rendered using Lumion. The model in Lumion is the successor to my previous renderings that were using Brighter3D. I'll be doing these in conjunction with Google Earth renderings in the future.

MCC Downtown Render Watermark-1 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

MCC Downtown Render Watermark-2 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

MCC Downtown Render Watermark-3 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

MCC Downtown Render Watermark-4 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

MCC Downtown Render Watermark-5 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

MCC Downtown Render Watermark-6 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

MCC Downtown Render Watermark-7 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

MCC Downtown Render Watermark-8 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

MCC Downtown Render Watermark-9 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

MCC Downtown Render Watermark-10 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

MCC Downtown Render Watermark-11 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

MCC Downtown Render Watermark-12 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

MCC Downtown Render Watermark-13 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

MCC Downtown Render Watermark-14 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Last edited:
Great stuff! Shame it's primarily residential density. MCC would be much more of a downtown if all the assorted office space (especially at 427 and Eglinton) was also concentrated here.

Back