Toronto George Brown College: Limberlost Place | 52.5m | 10s | George Brown | Moriyama Teshima Architects

Which of the four finalist design teams' concept do you prefer?

• Moriyama & Teshima Architects + Acton Ostry Architects

• Patkau Architects + MJMA

• Provencher Roy + Turner Fleischer

• Shigeru Ban + Brook McIlroy

Results are only viewable after voting.
Many people in this country re of British decent including myself.

Plus having received colonial education and were previous holders of British passport...though not quite British that way.

By golly, I'm gobsmacked ye think Alvin might be a Limey!

I'd thought it was rather bloody obvious.

AoD

Last edited:
Wow, this is embracing. I stumbled on this thread thinking it was actually about The Arbour.

Last edited:
Plus having received colonial education and were previous holders of British passport...though not quite British that way.

I'd thought it was rather bloody obvious.

AoD
Blimey, now that you're buggering off for a fortnight across the pond to Blighty for your next hols, I expect you'll be coming back all posh and all. Anyway, here's hoping it's brilliant, no cock ups, just don't overdo it and end up totally knackered.
Wow, this is embracing. I stumbled on this threat thinking it was actually about The Arbour.
Sod off.

Yes, it's all jokes! No sodding off, please!

Blimey, now that you're buggering off for a fortnight across the pond to Blighty for your next hols, I expect you'll be coming back all posh and all. Anyway, here's hoping it's brilliant, no cock ups, just don't overdo it and end up totally knackered.

I must say, I really do miss calling elevators "lifts". I'd be sure to have a smashing good time and I promise I will give Liz your regards x

AoD

av.PNG

Some interesting updates from the WT DRP yesterday. Cladding material will be folded aluminum. Terracotta, GFRC, wood, and others were also evaluated but aluminum was the one that won out for cost and constructability reasons. The whole facade will be unitized for easy on-site installation. The dormer has been removed, making the roofline a bit cleaner and allowing for more solar panels. Lots of interesting info presented about the solar chimney system and energy efficiency features. Panel members really pushed hard on improving the activation of the Queens Quay frontage, which is not currently very engaging. The proponents added a staff entrance on that side based on feedback from their last visit to the DRP, which panel members didn't really feel solved the problem.

Model was cool, but represented the previous design, before the removal of the dormer.

IMG_20191211_150817.jpg

The solar chimney is visible as the vent cutouts on the left and and right sides of the roof. Due to prevailing winds off the lake, the cutout is proposed to go all the way through the building to avoid positive pressure inside the chimney.
IMG_20191211_150809.jpg

From the report:

An update of an existing rendering with the George Brown College logo installed:

1576512126632.png

These ones appears to be new:

1576512158215.png

1576512310686.png

1576512357845.png

1576512377898.png

1576512421829.png

The design seems to be fairly well developed. Included towards the end of the report is a floor-by-floor arch plans. Highlights of which are basement gym and a ground-level preschool/daycare facility.

Resubmitted with new docs!
If anyone with a bit of spare time wants to start looking for whatever goodies are included in that link.

Back