263     2 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 361     1 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 715     0 

Sammy Yatim Shooting

James Forcillo is out. Full parole.

The entire Forcillo case was weird.

There was no actual charge of reckless use of a firearm that they could charge him with - which likely should have been the appropriate charge.
At no point did Forcillo intend to unlawfully murder anyone.
They came up with a scenario that the guns shots moments apart actually constituted different acts, in hopes that jury would feel like charging him with something.
Due to Forcillo's disrespect for the court, they gave him above the minimum sentence, despite the questionable logic, and
Finally through parole, they try to reverse the sentence down to something appropriate for the non-existent charge of reckless use of firearm.

Ya, it surely was. The prosecutors had to fiddle around to find away to get him convicted even if on a lesser charge as they just didn't trust a jury to convict on the heavier charge.

This coming just days after MLG child molester Stuckless was released on parole is a double whammy.

Ya, it surely was. The prosecutors had to fiddle around to find a way to get him convicted.....
Yep, I can imagine the Crown demanding that we nail this guy for something, anything, we need to send a message to rogue and impulsive/overreactive cops.

I wonder what Forcilio gets up to now? With this sort of conviction is he barred from traveling to the USA?

Yep, I can imagine the Crown demanding that we nail this guy for something, anything, we need to send a message to rogue and impulsive/overreactive cops.

I wonder what Forcilio gets up to now? With this sort of conviction is he barred from traveling to the USA?

I would think so. As a general rule, a 'convicted felon' (their term) is ineligible for entry. There are processes to obtain an exemption but I doubt they would apply in his case, certainly for a number of years.

Back