Toronto Ontario Line 3 | ?m | ?s

Umm where would they put the Yonge extension??? Elevated in the middle of the street?

Underground to just north of Steeles, then a hard right and emerge into the railway corridor, then up Woodbine (elevated of course) and drop me off at Highway 7. Nearly perfect for my occasional work trips to Markham. :)

Underground to just north of Steeles, then a hard right and emerge into the railway corridor, then up Woodbine (elevated of course) and drop me off at Highway 7. Nearly perfect for my occasional work trips to Markham. :)
They still plan to connect with the Richmond Hill transit center though.

I'm thinking they plan to drop Royal Orchard, Cummer, maybe Clark and possibly Langstaff while elevating over the 407 and putting the terminal in the rail corridor and turning the underground yard into just some long tail tracks.

Saving some money on paper and delaying until well past their first term checks all the boxes ford is looking for.

19-118 - Technical Advisory Services for Ontario Line Subway Project

Announced by the Government of Ontario in April 2019, the Ontario Line Subway project is a new rapid transit line in the City of Toronto with a northern terminus located near the intersection of Eglinton Avenue and Don Mills Road where it would connect with the Eglinton Crosstown Light Rail Transit line. The Project’s southern terminus will be at or near Exhibition Place/ Ontario Place along the waterfront.

In order to support this initiative, the Supplier shall provide technical advisory services in relation to the Project as described in the Scope of Services. A critical component of the Services involves reviewing, evaluating and challenging current information and approaches to foster greater efficiency, innovation and improvements to project delivery.

Completely off topic but how does outline.com get around the paywall? They have a subscription and just post everything?

Short answer is they don't, unless the paywall allows temporary bypassing through lack of cookies or changing IP address or such.

Hard paywalls, like GlobeandMail, aren't supported.

Completely off topic but how does outline.com get around the paywall? They have a subscription and just post everything?

Its actually simpler than that.

Everyone has access to the Toronto Star article for free, even you!

You see all the T-Star and other newspaper outlets do is change the CSS (the stylesheet that changes the look and feel of the page) to display:none.

Meaning the text is actually on your computer, it just is hidden.

THats the code view of the site.

If I open one of those snippets

Well hello there!

Turning off CSS support on the t-star page basically does the same thing

If I disable all styles on my browser, and just want to see the raw html, the text is there

So since Outline re-formats a site with its own CSS, its essentially doing the same thing.

But its not illegal. T-Star gave outline and you and everyone access to the article. Its just sitting hidden on your computer.

Kind of like Snapchat. Every snap you send or receive is permanently stored on your phone. Just in a subfolder somewhere. If I save that photo, im not breaking the law. You gave me consent to have it forever. Because theres no other way with how internet protocols work.

Yeah the content is actually there. They just covered it. If they don't want people reading it this way, they should not deliver it

There's another even easier way to get past the Globe and Mail paywall that anyone can do, but I'm not about to reveal it.

I used to be pretty good at getting behind paywalls, then sort of gave up. But this morning I saw the article, wanted to read it. So I clicked on it, pressed refresh and escape, or stop refresh. And the article was there for me to see. I just did it again on another article. Not sure if it works on mobile, but surprised such a basic (and almost accidental) attempt works.

Not condoning theft. But the article is there, it's just somewhat masked. Pressing stop refresh isn't stealing, is it?

Back