Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

That's progress, I guess. Next up, paint the wood to match the missing panels?
20190710_183708.jpg

Love the upper half of the building but I think it could have used a podium or something at street level.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh? what construction
They still have missing balconies, missing cladding and windows (using plywood as a temporary measure), missing window framing, and that is only what I can see from the exterior. It is not hard to point out the issues as they span the north and east face. Who knows what the hell is going on inside, outside of the numerous floods and electrical issues (constantly losing power)...

We can argue the definition of "under construction", but in my eyes, this is not just 1 or 2 pieces of cladding they're finally getting around too. Can you imagine not having access to your balcony for 5+ years? It's not like the balconies had to be replaced. THEY WERE NEVER INSTALLED. Hell, they JUST had their windows cleaned this year since the building started occupancy.

Does anyone know the exact date the building registered? Was it in 2014?

They still have missing balconies, missing cladding and windows (using plywood as a temporary measure), missing window framing, and that is only what I can see from the exterior. It is not hard to point out the issues as they span the north and east face. Who knows what the hell is going on inside, outside of the numerous floods and electrical issues (constantly losing power)...

We can argue the definition of "under construction", but in my eyes, this is not just 1 or 2 pieces of cladding they're finally getting around too. Can you imagine not having access to your balcony for 5+ years? It's not like the balconies had to be replaced. THEY WERE NEVER INSTALLED. Hell, they JUST had their windows cleaned this year since the building started occupancy.

Does anyone know the exact date the building registered? Was it in 2014?
According to the Public Registry on the Condominium Authority of Ontario website it (TSCC 2449) was registered on 30 April 2015.

See: https://www.condoauthorityontario.ca/en-US/public-registry/

According to the Public Registry on the Condominium Authority of Ontario website it (TSCC 2449) was registered on 30 April 2015.

See: https://www.condoauthorityontario.ca/en-US/public-registry/
From what I remember, occupancy started 1-2 years earlier as well. I believe it took an unusually long time to register this beast. It really earned its nickname over the years as the "HELL Tower". Imagine not EVER having access to your balcony since moving in 6ish years ago?

Last edited:
Again, are our laws and governance of residential construction such that a builder is allowed to behave as they have here for years without sanction, or is there some reason they alone have been permitted to deliver an unfinished building and then move on?

It's the owners and tenants calling L-Tower home that my heart aches for. I cannot imagine the frustration, disappointment and anger I would feel every single day living in this building. Helpless, in fact. Anyone know something we don't know?

What a gorgeous day in the city!
The balconies are done.
The street lights are complete. (Not powered yet)
The upper Sony Centre roof is being replaced.
The windows are being washed on a perfect mostly sunny day.
I might have to hang out here all day to see how they reach the lower level windows. Oh darn.
Can we call this project complete now?
Record this day in history. August 23, 2019.

4DF3573C-9260-4DD9-B808-742F7CC5D10B.jpeg
BB956994-1802-4B7A-B1A8-77796017864B.jpeg
A4805AF3-3FA7-47B9-B626-B5CE0EBC24CF.jpeg
89AC0304-87CB-444C-A996-FBFF2942E1C9.jpeg
0227924C-99E1-4913-8ABC-D8394C08FB78.jpeg
574338F8-F0E7-4062-82C1-9AE32A445A12.jpeg

Back