Toronto Casa | 147.52m | 46s | Cresford | a—A

Casa Condominium Progress March 12, 2008

Work on the ground floor moving along nicely...

DSCN2299.jpg

DSCN2298.jpg

DSCN2297.jpg

I'm a little concerned about why it looks like they're about to pour concrete only one floor up so close to the street... this is supposed to be a four floor podium with a four floor lobby...

DSCN2300.jpg

DSCN2301.jpg

DSCN0885.jpg

Work on the ground floor moving along nicely...

I'm a little concerned about why it looks like they're about to pour concrete only one floor up so close to the street... this is supposed to be a four floor podium with a four floor lobby...

DSCN0885.jpg

I was wondering that myself a few minutes ago when I walked by. The model shows the open lobby space protruding ahead of the church, so I am guessing it will be added to the front of the form work.

Looking carefully at the pics again, I think you're right.

The glass frontage for the lobby could stilll come out another 10 or 15 feet or so I guess. It just seems like there should be a little more "buffer zone" between the glass wall and the sidewalk/street.

Why does the form work appear curvy? Is it supposed to be a sloping first floor or is that your camera distortion?

Notice how the model's facade is closer to the curb than the church next door: yet the form work is set back further than the church. Conclusion: Glass'n steel "addition" on front will be four stories high; the rest of the podium is divided into regular floors.

It is sloped and will be for another three more floors (these are above ground parking levels).

If you look at the guy with the green hard hat you can see he is standing on the ramp up... after that ramp it just slopes gradually up and up...

Havent been in the that area for a while, -but any concerns with it being so close to the B. Rail?
A little worried about the people/crowd at nights.

^LOL.

Doesn't worry me at all. Charles St. is relatively quiet at night compared to Yonge St.

The only thing that bothers me about the brass rail is having to look at the back alley/parking area behind it.

The water pumps have been quite busy the past couple of days. I like how they have the hose nailed to the asphalt.

from today's Star....did Casa grow by one floor?

CASA CONDOMINIO RESIDENZA: 33 Charles St., east of Yonge St. Builder: Cresford Developments. A 46-storey, all-glass building and a five-storey podium, with 407 units. Prices: from $253,900 for 495 sq. ft. to $679,900 for 1,204 sq. ft. Penthouses not yet released. Fees: 42 cents per sq. ft., plus hydro. Sales: more than 80 per cent sold. Status: under construction. Occupancy: October. Sales centre: 876 Yonge St., 416-977-1100; casacondominium.com.

^Yes, although that's somewhat old news. We knew about that last year... it's mentioned way back in this thread.

(Interesting that they still say occupancy will be in October)

thx casaguy, it's hard to keep up with all the developments :)....we need to update the 400 ft list, it still shows the old height...

Casa Condominium Progress March 15, 2008

A 360 degree tour of the site. They're really motoring along here...

At this rate Casa is going to surpass BSN by mid April!

Charles Street is a great street. It's close to everything, quiet and lots of mature trees along there. Great location.

thx casaguy, it's hard to keep up with all the developments :)....we need to update the 400 ft list, it still shows the old height...
Updated. I must have missed/forgot to update the increase in the number of floors.

Back