Toronto The Carvalo on College | 21.94m | 7s | Clifton Blake | Studio JCI

View attachment 183571

This rendering is several years out of date. Not at all accurate. See more recent elevations posted above.

This rendering is several years out of date. Not at all accurate. See more recent elevations posted above.

This is one is dated April 19, 2019 on the proponent's latest SPA submission itself, and was uploaded on April 29, 2019 on the AIC (which is I imagine why @Marcanadian posted it).

Yeah. It's not current. Cover sheet renderings are not legally binding, refer to the actual drawings.

I think the rental building should be left in place - it's decent density and fits in well with the street. That being said, other elements of this seem desirable for the location.

From Bailao's newsletter:

At City Council, the development proposal for 871-899 College St (formerly Azores Car Sales) was approved. The approved mid-rise proposal includes 112 residential units, 61 parking spaces and street level retail. As part of the approval, the developer will be required to replace 13 rental dwelling units at a range of rent levels to ensure this rental stock is maintained. To ensure construction of the replacement units take place quickly, the developer is required to complete the building within 3 years or be subject to fines from the city. I have also secured $600,000 dollars for local park improvements and an additional $35,000 from the developer to install a mural on the eastside wall of the building.

I also worked with residents and City staff to require the developer create a Construction Management Plan, in order to mitigate impacts in the surrounding community. These mutual agreements and community benefits are how we shape good development and I appreciate the hard work of local residents City staff and the developer to get us here.

Back