Toronto eCondos | 195.67m | 58s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

That noise is unbearable. I don't know how one can sleep through that noise smh.
I can't sleep. I can't invite people for housewarming. I can't live here.
What I don't understand is, why are they only installing dampeners only for those who complained to the management office? I can clearly hear the screaming noises from the units above and below my floor.
If Bazis actually believes those dampeners can resolve the issue, they should at least try installing them for ALL units.

I think one of the most concerning things here is that the developer had to know about this before anyone moved in, and they let people move in without saying anything. Like what kind of person inspects a project hears that noise and is like "yup, everything's fine here"?

By the way, this is how the temporary fix looks like. Metal bars and square metal plates are zip-tied to the perforated screens.
I wish whoever designed this balcony loses his/her job for good. I’m really not enjoying this locked-in-a-cage view from my unit.

Isn't that something you would have inquired before signing?

Regardless of being a purchaser or a renter, one must always do their due diligence before signing on the dotted line.

By the way, this is how the temporary fix looks like. Metal bars and square metal plates are zip-tied to the perforated screens.
I wish whoever designed this balcony loses his/her job for good. I’m really not enjoying this locked-in-a-cage view from my unit.
View attachment 178095

View attachment 178095
Regardless of the sound issue, the visual design is just completely bizarre. Who the hell wants an obstructed view like this?

View attachment 178095

As with Bazis hack-fix at previous projects,.... Bazis will use the cheapest temporary fix that won't work - their objective is to minimize cost, say they tried and to delay until someone else is left holding the bag!

I think I know where Bazis get their building material!

Shopping at Dollarama recently, I came across these cheap thin perforated aluminum sheets in the BBQ section for grilling fish, vegetables, etc,... and I did a simple experiment, I started blowing!
  • blow directly into air, hear no sound
  • blow directly into smaller perforated sheet with 0.8cm holes, hear low bee-buzzing sound
  • blow directly into larger perforated sheet with 1.0cm holes, hear much louder bee-buzzing sound (probably a hole size to metal coverage ratio thing,.. )
  • blow directly into either perforated sheet covered with paper (blocking the holes), no sound!

All Bazis got to do is cover the holes! Paper won't last,... glass or plastic panels will do the job longer term,.... plastic/vinyl wrap/tape will do the job shorter term,... But the zip-tied bars and little dinky perforated metal sheet will only allow Bazis to say they attempted a fix!

As for someone at Bazis losing their job,... they don't care, there's only this and 1 Yorkville project to finish up,.... they're already re-focusing on investing in land assembly & up-zoning to sell to real developers.

Isn't that something you would have inquired before signing?

Regardless of being a purchaser or a renter, one must always do their due diligence before signing on the dotted line.
"one must always do their due diligence" LMAO
Do you honestly think that hundreds of people were simply too ignorant to not check if their balconies would be completely blocked by those perforated metal screens? Really?
Why don't you add to your comment saying "one must have done his/her homework and asked if the condo will wrapped up with metal screens that'd create screaming noise"?
It's always so easy to say things when you are on the other side...

"one must always do their due diligence" LMAO
Do you honestly think that hundreds of people were simply too ignorant to not check if their balconies would be completely blocked by those perforated metal screens? Really?
Why don't you add to your comment saying "one must have done his/her homework and asked if the condo will wrapped up with metal screens that'd create screaming noise"?
It's always so easy to say things when you are on the other side...
No, but if the purchaser did their homework into Bazis' reputation, they might have second thought about signing on the dotted line.

A home is one of the biggest, if not the biggest investment in your lifetime. It is a shame more people don't take the gravity of this fact seriously when trusting builders like Bazis.

Back