5959 Yonge Street (Ghods Builders) - Real Estate -

My agent believes 5959 Yonge should be able to obtain permit if M2M can get theirs. He went to a few of the hearings and apparently some residents living behind the area are opposing the project...slowing the process. M2M is also on a much bigger scale since they are revamping the plaza, so no reason that 5959 can't get it. It has been a long time tho...hoping for the best.

Good afternoon,

My friends and I - four in total, have invested in late 2014.

We are looking to petition against the municipality’s conduct. Municipalities are evidently handing out condominium permits left, right and centre. Given the realestste market, we are not willing to let a few locals come in the way of our only opportunity to become home owners. It’s really disappointing these people don’t recognize the benefit of having this project at the Yonge/Cummer intersection.

If you are a current and serious investor, we highly encourage you to join our petition. We are looking to commence by no later than April 3, 2019.

E-mail at apple.ontario@icloud.com for further discussion.

Thanks and good luck to everyone!

Good afternoon,

My friends and I - four in total, have invested in late 2014.

We are looking to petition against the municipality’s conduct. Municipalities are evidently handing out condominium permits left, right and centre. Given the realestste market, we are not willing to let a few locals come in the way of our only opportunity to become home owners. It’s really disappointing these people don’t recognize the benefit of having this project at the Yonge/Cummer intersection.

If you are a current and serious investor, we highly encourage you to join our petition. We are looking to commence by no later than April 3, 2019.

E-mail at apple.ontario@icloud.com for further discussion.

Thanks and good luck to everyone!

No permits were issued by the city - and that's why it was cancelled.. The developer went into sales before they had approvals.

Hello All,
Has anyone checked with lawyers if we can fill a complaint about Ghods builders that why they have started selling the units before having the permit? Is there any law about pre construction?
Thanks

Can we claim for extra money from Ghods builder as they sold the units without approving that with city ? Is there any law that prevents them from selling without approval?

Hello All,
Has anyone checked with lawyers if we can fill a complaint about Ghods builders that why they have started selling the units before having the permit? Is there any law about pre construction?
Thanks
I was wondering the same

Hello All,
Thanks

I don't know about laws or what have you, but builders go into sales without securing permits all the time.

Everyone has waited at least 3+ years and there was no return on the investment. They should not sell to anyone if they don't have a permit!! Is there anything we can do?1?

Ghods is an unscrupulous builder. Buyer beware.

So Ghods has finally admitted that the project isn't going through and is now agreeing to give the purchaser deposits back.... However... You'd have to wait until February 2020 to get it back they say. They're very generous though... For a small fee of $5000 he's willing to give you back your own money today, the money that you paid 4-5 years ago, back when condos were $600/sqf not $900/sqf

$5k multipled by a few hundred units as a bonus for having successfully cancelled a proejct. Makes sense.

For those interested, they have a new proejct coming up. If you're in their office begging for your money back please ask to be put on the mailing list. Their new office looks nice.

How's this fair!!?

How to join class action lawsuit? What are the procedure? Is anyone know?
Because the price of condo going up now, we are losing at least 200,000

for JT20
Where is their new office?
What do you mean "For a small fee of $5000 he's willing to give you back your own money today, the money that you paid 4-5 years ago, back when condos were $600/sqf not $900/sqf " please explain further. Thanks a lot.

He signed a contract which indicates the date by which if the developer does not obtain a permit then the money will be returned. The developer has informed him that he is willing to break the contract for a small fee of 5k to return his money earlier than when it is due.

Back