Toronto Daniels Waterfront - City of the Arts | 156.05m | 45s | Daniels | RAW Design

Most GTA port activities have moved to Hamilton. I believe their port facilities are growing fairly consistently, which is rare for Great Lakes shipping.

Picture below taken a few weeks ago. Just something weird I noticed with some doors to balcony being swing, while others sliding. Isn't it weird to have swinging doors for balcony access? Would they still have the mesh door that the sliding doors have?

20181215_093252B.jpg

Swinging doors are for the accessible suites I believe - sliding doors are not compatible with wheelchairs.

In my building some units have sliding doors while others have swing doors. Both also have mesh (either sliding or a roll out) but neither are wheelchair accessible. There's a ~10 inch step up to the door and back down again to the balcony. I was told it was part of the building code. Buyers likely had the option of choosing swing or sliding.

I'm not sure if it's meant to be public access, but there's a covered walkway running along the north side of the first phase now. The retail units are all being used for site offices, but going through the walkway gives a sense of how the space might be used eventually. It seems like it has the potential to be interesting, with lots of windows and doorways to animate the space.

Unfortunately (for the purpose of a sneak preview) the walkway is completely covered, so there's no way to get a sense of how open (or claustrophobic) the space will end up being. But at least the one building is going to be highly permeable.

I'm not sure if it's meant to be public access, but there's a covered walkway running along the north side of the first phase now. The retail units are all being used for site offices, but going through the walkway gives a sense of how the space might be used eventually. It seems like it has the potential to be interesting, with lots of windows and doorways to animate the space.

Unfortunately (for the purpose of a sneak preview) the walkway is completely covered, so there's no way to get a sense of how open (or claustrophobic) the space will end up being. But at least the one building is going to be highly permeable.

The Yard.

_20181230_200003.JPG
_20181230_195938.JPG

Last edited:
For what very little it is worth, we have two doors to our balcony, from different rooms. One is a slide. The other is a swing. The main difference I can see is that the swing door fills a narrower aperture. Perhaps a swing door requires less space than a full sliding door.

Thanks guys for your input on swing vs slide doors. It's just stood out to me because of the mixture of having both (on the same vertical, but different floors) threw me off.

Sat Dec 29 New Daniels sign installed up top before Christmas. A few ships probably docked here for the winter since the Seaway closed yesterday for the season.
F06CE4EA-73D0-42DB-BBAD-4130219DC678.jpeg
sunday. west tower 18 of 45.
335250C6-45E2-45B2-A694-92405F10240B.jpeg
East tower 13 of 35
D6F51B28-C529-4773-8EDB-656B6830B045.jpeg
saturday
3210BD14-41AD-4DE7-AE27-0CB1866EE03F.jpeg

Update on the winner in the 11-19th storey category...

Clockwise...

Daniels1.jpg

Liking the bar lights in the canopy...

Daniels2.jpg

Daniels3.jpg

So what's going in this vast space, with the symbol on several windows?

Daniels4.jpg

Daniels5.jpg

Daniels6.jpg

Daniels7.jpg
Daniels8.jpg

The pointy bits on the West Tower...

Daniels9.jpg

Triangular glazing, also visible near ground level behind hoarding...

Daniels10.jpg

Daniels11.jpg

Glazing attached to the right of the stairs...

Daniels12.jpg

Daniels13.jpg

Back