Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

Yes, it has taken a VERY long time to finish it off (in fact I have seen zero progress for about a year). No doubt we can blame Bondfield there is not much 'construction' to do (I think) but it would be good to get it painted .....

I read somewhere that there was litigation surrounding some aspect of the ceiling finish in this area of the promenade. I unfortunately cannot recall the source right now.

I read somewhere that there was litigation surrounding some aspect of the ceiling finish in this area of the promenade. I unfortunately cannot recall the source right now.
I wonder how far away that part of the promenade is from opening to close the leather shop bypass

I think it is connected to the 'transfer' of the main contract from Carillion to Bondfield and may be a job that was noted as 'complete' when it clearly isn't.

In your first picture here, is the opening in the ceiling above the stairs a three storey atrium right up from the new lower level Bay into the area just east of the Great Hall?
There is a skylight there and there are several aerial shots further up the thread showing it - it was replaced in about 2016. I assume the skylight is above the opening and you can see it (I think) if you are in the Great Hall and get a glimpse through the (often open) doors leading to the Bay side.

Is this it? (Taken from google earth)
319E238A-7EA2-40D7-A1B3-1957FB423560.png

Fixed that for you.

I'll be honest. Some of these pictures are difficult to post in terms of my position and rights of these particular pictures...I'm glad to share, as I'm just an enthusiast as anyone else in this forum. I wish I could share them all, but these are just a select few.

Last edited:

Back