Toronto Eau du Soleil Condos | 227.98m | 66s | Empire | Richmond Architects

Skateboard down the slope free-style with roller blades fastened, wearing a wet suit -- then parachute on the vertical drop and continue roller blading through Humber Bay Shores and into lake Ontario for a swim towards Niagara Falls...

November 3, 2018
BD734D47-8AE8-43DB-86A1-5453D87E164D.jpeg

I quite like this, I just wish the tower wood covered balcony guards were as thick as the white ones on the tower (like they are on the podium!), they would stand out more and obfuscate the clear glass balcony guards.

I like the look of the white balcony panels from a distance but up close they are not impressive. IMO. Their surface reminds me of insulation for some reason. I don’t think the wood coloured panels are actually fabricated of wood, but I will look more closely the next time I walk that way.

I also appreciate the massing of the two towers and many specific features about the podium. Certainly, I have enjoyed watching them rise. (I will have to see if I can learn how to create a time lapse sequence of the construction process.) But I cannot say that the balcony panels are a plus.

An aside: Mme. 67 doesn’t like the white panels for a different reason. She says that in this location she enjoys sitting on the balcony and looking through the clear glass panels at the waterfowl in Mimico Creek, the pedestrians on the trails and inshore watercraft etc. She thinks, rightly I imagine, that the solid coloured panels would obscure all this. This is another example, IMO, that while UTers chiefly evaluate buildings from the outside in and often from a distance, residents evaluate from the inside out.

Thanks for the updates 67.

(I will have to see if I can learn how to create a time lapse sequence of the construction process.)

I know there are forum members who would certainly be up to that task. I would love to see one done.

So the commercial building cladding is almost finished and it looks absolutely nothing like what was proposed.

Render:
eau 1.jpg

Reality:
eau 2.JPG

In typical Toronto fashion, not a single shred of color made it to the finished product other than shades of grey.

Last edited:
Today, taken from Kipling & Dundas area (Sorry for all the power lines!) I think the height comparison between the Lago and the Sky Tower is really something!
2018-11-18 Eau vs Lago.jpg

2018-11-18 Eau.png

Back