News   May 03, 2024
 775     1 
News   May 03, 2024
 496     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 247     0 

YRT/Viva Construction Thread (Rapidways, Terminals)

No problem if it works for you. Won't work for everyone, however. Given people have established commute patterns, work and school locations, general rhythms of life and community engagements - it's a lot easier said than done to move. And who says Markham GO is a better location for the terminal than Cornell?

No problem if it works for you. Won't work for everyone, however. Given people have established commute patterns, work and school locations, general rhythms of life and community engagements - it's a lot easier said than done to move. And who says Markham GO is a better location for the terminal than Cornell?

Any station on a GO line is better than just a bus terminal.

Because you get market value, you could move a km away and likely get a similar house that has a similar commuting and school pattern.

Go buses.

I have no information that any GO bus routes will be realigned to service this terminal.

They have been saying Unionville GO as a mobility hub, yet only one Viva route directly connects there...

In fairness, it is only a 3 minute walk from the Rivis Road stop to the bus loop, and another minute or two to the train platform.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

I know I would get market value for my property plus they pay my move. I would start looking for a nice home in a better area.

In theory you're right, but when the possibility of expropriation comes up, even though it hasn't happened yet, the market value of your house drops a lot, and you have to spend tens of thousands of dollars (not covered by the government) on the legal battle to get an amount of money that would actually let you move into an identical house in the same neighbourhood.

Construction update posted here by EllisDon.

#EllisDonCivil pumped almost 500 tons of concrete on Friday to cover the deck for the bridge at Highway 7 where it crosses the busy Highway 400. The bridge is being widened by two lanes, in order to accommodate new dedicated bus lanes as part of the vivaNext Bust Rapid Transit program, which stretches across York Region. At 180m across, this is the largest bridge that #EllisDonCivil has ever poured, and it required nearly 11 straight hours of non-stop effort from the crew, who kept going well into the night to ensure the work would be finished on schedule.

One of the three photos below. Rest in the link above.

2zfzJp7

Subway, Viva terminal, rapid way, and now the bridge expansion. Vaughan seems to be getting all the attention of York Region right now.

Well, Richmond Hill is also getting Rapidway while Markham is getting Stouffville GO upgrades and a terminal. I don't see any terrible bias against the other municipalities. It's likely just the staging of Rapidway construction which makes it seem like Vaughan is getting more.

Back