Toronto Galleria On The Park | 143.86m | 42s | Almadev | Hariri Pontarini

If it wasn't for the Allen Road (AKA Spadina Expressway) the Line 1 northwest extension could have followed the ravines to Dufferin Street and continued north. However, with the Spadina Expressway being planned or being built, it was decided to follow the Chicago example and use the median of the expressway, to lower costs. From link.

MontroseWest.jpg

Per Bailao newsletter:

The design concepts for the Wallace Emerson Park, Community Centre and Childcare facility will be presented at a community open house meeting on Wednesday July 18, 2018 at 6:30-8:30pm at the Galleria Mall (Old Zellers Space, 1245 Dupont St). I hope you can join me, City Parks, Forestry and Recreation Staff and the Galleria Mall development team to learn more and share your ideas and feedback on these design concepts. Thank you to all the residents who have attended the previous open houses and meeting and provided your input on this important new facilities for our community.

There isn't much to improve Dufferin bus beyond an express iteration. For the ginormous Galleria Mall redevelopment context, I think what can actually help is improved Dupont bus service.

There isn't much to improve Dufferin bus beyond an express iteration. For the ginormous Galleria Mall redevelopment context, I think what can actually help is improved Dupont bus service.

Enhanced Dupont bus service is indeed coming (it was approved earlier this summer), but I'm not sure that'll do a whole lot to alleviate congestion on the sufferin' Dufferin bus; it's one of the busiest downtown bus routes and, in a well functioning city, they'd be removing a lane of parking along the entire stretch and doing BRT or LRT.

It's better but not a big enough improvement to get people out of their cars. A large proportion of drivers aren't going to opt for TTC if it's not a subway. No way would they travel up/down Dufferin on a bus. Even a streetcar likely won't cut it.

If we're to cut down on the % of trips made by car we can't continue to pretend things are different.

It's better but not a big enough improvement to get people out of their cars. A large proportion of drivers aren't going to opt for TTC if it's not a subway. No way would they travel up/down Dufferin on a bus. Even a streetcar likely won't cut it.

If we're to cut down on the % of trips made by car we can't continue to pretend things are different.
So you are saying only a subway will work on Dufferin that see 50,000 riders on weekday, with 60% being south of Eglinton??

Now who is to pay for an under use subway and what type of headway will riders north of Eglinton see 7 days a week.

The current master plan call for buses looping this site to service the area and south of it to Bloor and who is going to pickup the cost for those buses???

25% of driver will never use transit regardless what the cost is and delays are in their way.

Dupont service needs beefing up to deal with all the new developing taking place on it, but where are the riders going to/from in the first place and will it offer them a faster way than going to the subway??

If you build an LRT that partly underground and still run on the surface, far cheaper to do than a subway and deal with low ridership points.

Look forward to see this development take place and hope cheapness doesn't down grade the plan. Used to live across the street from this mall as a kid.

Enhanced Dupont bus service is indeed coming (it was approved earlier this summer), but I'm not sure that'll do a whole lot to alleviate congestion on the sufferin' Dufferin bus; it's one of the busiest downtown bus routes and, in a well functioning city, they'd be removing a lane of parking along the entire stretch and doing BRT or LRT.

There's no lane of parking on Dufferin.

Back