News   May 17, 2024
 2.4K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 1.6K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 10K     10 

GO Transit: Construction Projects (Metrolinx, various)

Some shots of the GO Whitby Maintenance Facility. I was amazed how big it is, and there is tons of room for future train storage expansion. Looks like it will be ready soon. If I recall correctly, there are some LSW service reductions soon for switch installation and signal mast installations (saw a bunch on the ground prepped for installation).

Great shots. I hope they have a public open house or tour.

Portals for electrification!

There are way too many pads on the site, and the pads don't appear to have electric/signal connections. Most are lined up in anticipation of future portal structures.

32192DF0-2100-49BD-AB19-9EF9C0A32AB3.jpeg

Attachments

• 32192DF0-2100-49BD-AB19-9EF9C0A32AB3.jpeg
    32192DF0-2100-49BD-AB19-9EF9C0A32AB3.jpeg
    142.1 KB · Views: 488
Update on the Whitby GO Rail Maintenance Facility opening. Looks like the Spring opening has been pushed to the fall. If I remember correctly it was due to issues with the contractor not having it in handover state to Metrolinx on time.

jiZLwkR.jpg

Image dump of the Oakville GO Transit Control Centre. Really nice public realm, but some benches would be desired. Note the glass smoker's pit on the building, I want to put some "don't scare the animals" stickers on it :)

lol that's not really for smokers, is it?

Image dump of the Oakville GO Transit Control Centre. Really nice public realm, but some benches would be desired. Note the glass smoker's pit on the building, I want to put some "don't scare the animals" stickers on it :)
Looks substantially complete!

When will it be operational?

Is there a target date for full CN control handover to Metrolinx?

GO Whitby Maintenance Facility is 100% ready for electrification if it happens, as all the tracks have footing for the mast towers. Looking at the site today, not sure what is plan for the large asphalt area between the open track and the complex for wires. Could use a mobile car mover to move equipment in/out of the complex or using a few coaches and power to make the move.

I wasn't sure the last time I was there earlier this year, but Victoria St E is been shift to follow the GO complex. Grading and drainage been done now. This will open up land to new development and better traffic flow as well being smooth.

Lots of green space for parking, but not all wire up yet. All the parking space for workers and visitors are a fair walking distance to the main entrance.

Not sure, but looks like there maybe another bridge built over Thickson Rd S on the south side to allow trains in/out of the yard and complex. A retaining wall has been built south of the current tracks on the west side and that could be use a a drill track.

Need a dome to get a nice airily view of the complex layout.

Looks substantially complete!

When will it be operational?

Is there a target date for full CN control handover to Metrolinx?

No idea on operational date. Metrolinx has kept this one very secret due to the sensitive nature of this building. It was near impossible to find information on the project, and only one or two renderings existed. Also, no GO or Metrolinx branding are on the building, just the street address. Lights are on at night now, and there is security guards on duty.

No idea on operational date. Metrolinx has kept this one very secret due to the sensitive nature of this building. It was near impossible to find information on the project, and only one or two renderings existed. Also, no GO or Metrolinx branding are on the building, just the street address. Lights are on at night now, and there is security guards on duty.

I'm told ML has instructed staff to keep lips sealed on the building. I'm hearing occupancy around end of summer, but the cutover to standalone GO dispatching may take up to a year from that.... lots to install and lots to extricate from CN's signals infrastructure, people to train, etc......

- Paul

SQ-2018-CINF-043:King City GO Station & Rail Corridor Infrastructure Improvement

Metrolinx is issuing this Request to be Pre-Qualified (Stage 1 procurement) to establish a Prequalified List of Design Build Proponents with the necessary experience, qualifications and resource availability to design and construct infrastructure upgrades required in and around the King City GO Station located in the Township of King, as well as grading and noise wall construction to north of Englehard Road located in the Town of Aurora, details of which will be issued via the Stage 2 invitational procurement process.

Back