Toronto Daniels Waterfront - City of the Arts | 156.05m | 45s | Daniels | RAW Design

Sorry, why is this a reason for them to move? Clearly they are demonstrating a reason to stay, ensuring safety from all angles of their operations.

Personally, this factory is one of my favourite staples of the waterfront. It makes chilling at Sugar beach entertaining and unique. And is also a great example of how big factories can live in harmony within a city. We need to celebrate the types of relationships that make Toronto standout from other waterfront cities (a beach outside of a factory).

Could they improve the street side presence off Queens Quay? 100%. But this can be easily achieved without moving to Brampton.
I realize I won't be able to change your opinion, and I'm not trying to. If you support these fences, then you surely support the jersey barriers around Union, and surely you support the closure of the metal slide at Corktown Commons.
I support none of them.

I was at sugar beach Sunday myself and was not happy to see the ugly fence. In general I support red path being there but they need to do something to clean up that view a bit. Repaint? Perhaps another mural? Hell a planter or two or maybe even just don’t leave a bunch of junk along the side of the building. It was more of an eyesore than it needed to be.

They are offloading a load of sugar from a ship that is parked across the mouth of the basin next to Sugar Beach, stretching back along the dock wall where that temporary fence is located. So I guess just a security perimeter.

That doesn't make sense when there's no fence on the far side, where the ship is. I've chilled at Sugar Beach just soaking up the sun and watching them offload a few times, no security concerns before it seems.

I realize I won't be able to change your opinion, and I'm not trying to. If you support these fences, then you surely support the jersey barriers around Union, and surely you support the closure of the metal slide at Corktown Commons.
I support none of them.
Sorry, but when did I say I support these fences? That is a dangerous assumption and a very inaccurate one at best.

The other examples you mentioned do not make sense because they are not direct comparisons.

Last edited:
I support none of them.
Thanks for the ridiculous post.

That doesn't make sense when there's no fence on the far side, where the ship is. I've chilled at Sugar Beach just soaking up the sun and watching them offload a few times, no security concerns before it seems.

The ship moved today to its normal location across from sugar beach. Yesterday it was parked perpendicularly to its normal location. The stern was tied up right were that fence was.

Like this picture from @Stray Feral on twitter form December 15 last year.
DRHWVq2W0AENytk.jpg

most of them are smaller and docking side ways and fit..these are long and some can only unload one way via conveyor belt..

The ship moved today to its normal location across from sugar beach. Yesterday it was parked perpendicularly to its normal location. The stern was tied up right were that fence was.

Like this picture from @Stray Feral on twitter form December 15 last year.
DRHWVq2W0AENytk.jpg

Minus the fence, looks fine to me.

From today, June 18th, some trees have been added to Sugar Beach North:

20180615_163741.jpg

The southernmost tree looks pretty sickly though:
20180615_163806 (2).jpg

Attachments

• 20180615_163741.jpg
    20180615_163741.jpg
    402.7 KB · Views: 464
  • 20180615_163806 (2).jpg
    20180615_163806 (2).jpg
    371.4 KB · Views: 749
I can understand fencing while a ship is there like that, but there was no ship.
I am sure the erection and removal of the fence does not coincide exactly with the arrival and departure of any moored ship. I have never seen a fence there unless a ship appears within a day or two, is actually there or one has recently left.

Gall Mites.

Bad news, the tree's appearance this year will only get worse.

Pesticide is not effective in this case.

Good news, does no serious harm to the tree, it will survive and have healthy leaf-out next year, assuming no infestation next year.

Back