Toronto 950 King West | 50m | 14s | Intentional Capital | Sweeny &Co

Good news, office makes sense to compliment the other two corners, hopefully something nice to incorporate the heritage with the new
The new owners from what I heard hired former tenant Don Myette to watch over building months ago and 4 former tenants remain , this is of Sept 13, 2017 so things are moving real slow in this process maybe 2019 completion at this rate

Today:

IMG_0471.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0471.JPG
    IMG_0471.JPG
    192.3 KB · Views: 620
Great news from Hello, the street noise alone makes sense to have this as a 9 to 5 office building , interesting to see who will be renting these office spaces and the price per square footage, this area has a lot of offices so perfect location, a condo would not work, next project should be 805A Wellington street

interesting to see who will be renting these office spaces and the price per square footage, this area has a lot of offices so perfect location,

I doubt this is what they are renting and definitely part of a bigger proposal that we'll soon see,
a friend of mine who was tramping around Toronto ended up at this dump, lol, i finally ended up moving him out of there and couldn't believe how disgusting the place was, it would need millions to renovate this building which makes me think it's part of a bigger picture

Last edited:
The number of years this owner got away with building code and fire infractions is astounding , using oil base paint up to 2016 it was banned for use in commercial and residential building , refused to put plaque on building so it could be zoned as a heritage building, city probably kept this building going cause they had no place to house the close to 90 tenants, that is the reason it got a pass from city officials ,should have been sold around 2005 when the owner was about 68 years of age, after that rant it should take about 2.5 million to renovate that old building

950 KING ST W
Ward 19 - Tor & E.York District

Zoning By-law Amendment to facilitate the adaptive re-use of the existing Palace Arms building for a 16-storey mixed-use building with at-grade retail and residential units above. Building height 58.5 metres, approximately 14,334 square metres of residential gross floor area, 595 square metres of nonresidential gross floor area.. Site includes 938, 944, and 950 King Street West, and 95, 97, and 99 Strachan Avenue
Proposed Use --- # of Storeys --- # of Units ---
Applications:
Type
Number Date Submitted Status
Rezoning 18 153602 STE 19 OZ May 4, 2018 Application Received

Yikes - Sweeney&Co.

1.JPG

2.JPG

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 960