News   May 03, 2024
 293     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 386     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 819     0 

CityPlace: West One

We do have beautiful bridges in this city. The aforementioned Humber Bay Arch Bridge and the Amsterdam Bridge at Harborfront evidence this with their evocative and striking designs. Even the Lakeshore Boulevard Bailey Bridge can be argued for as an excellent example of military engineering in all of its prefabricated steel-truss glory.

I am hopeful that Cityplace and the City will push for something more interesting even if it does cost a little more; especially since many in the planning department are hopeful that Cityplace will link the core with the lakefront and all the Fort York development.

And the Prince Edward Viaduct as well, my personal favourite.

Something akin to the Humber Bay Arch Bridge would be really nice. A well done bridge would really help bring it all together in the end.

A transporter bridge?
Transporter_Bridge_%202_Runcorn_Bridge_ex_MM.jpg

Wow, Fort York Boulevard is one bendy little bugger. I wonder why?

I wish they'd rename all of Bremner Fort York Boulevard instead. It's a much nicer name, brings the Fort downtown and I'm sure there's another street we could honour Bremner with in the area.

I love these CN Tower shots of Cityplace. When all is said and done I'm planning to put them all together into a sort of montage showing the area's growth. Too bad there wasn't a camera here when it was a driving range although I'm sure I could find something somewhere...

there's no doubt about it being evening rush hour in that pic... Spadina is just a nightmare at that time of day and the lovely folks in West One get to breathe all the fumes!

I find the bendy Fort York Boulevard a little annoying. For some reason it strikes me as some covert suburban traffic-calming effort. That, or they wanted to create a mini-parkway.

I actually like how the name of the street changes mid-way. It will confuse people forever, and there's a real irony in that it is such a new street.

Back