Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

There aren't any politics that are holding up its demolition. They are likely just leaving the shoring at that area until the end.

They have 4 massive supercolumn caissons to drill.

The shoring that they have to do here is quite complicated.

The shoring that they have to do here is quite complicated.

I was wondering about that. Being a layperson, I don't always know what I am looking at, and can't always tell the difference between complicated and simple shoring (or other construction activities for that matter.) What makes this build so much more complicated? Deeper pit? More extensive support needed for some reason?

I was wondering about that. Being a layperson, I don't always know what I am looking at, and can't always tell the difference between complicated and simple shoring (or other construction activities for that matter.) What makes this build so much more complicated? Deeper pit? More extensive support needed for some reason?
It's an entirely different structure from what's typically built in this city (or most cities), and this will be the tallest building in the country - with no central column going through the "fruit" store at ground level - so everything has to be held up around the perimeter. Essentially there's nothing ordinary about this build.

It's an entirely different structure from what's typically built in this city (or most cities), and this will be the tallest building in the country - with no central column going through the "fruit" store at ground level - so everything has to be held up around the perimeter. Essentially there's nothing ordinary about this build.

I hope this fruit store sells apples. ; )

This is drawn from the Architectural Plans from the Dev App site - not the most up to date but the P4 shows you the location of the megacolumns and what kind of foundation for them we are looking at (circled in red)

80172948-982D-41A4-9E7B-D3EAA789AB79.jpeg

The caissons will probably align with the footprint indicated. I wonder if they will build the basement floors from top to bottom.

AoD

Attachments

• 80172948-982D-41A4-9E7B-D3EAA789AB79.jpeg
    80172948-982D-41A4-9E7B-D3EAA789AB79.jpeg
    230.4 KB · Views: 556
Last edited:
It's interesting that they won't excavate a significant portion of the site (North-East corner)

nope, just not needed to meet the parking requirements. Most developments have some form of partial level of parking, no point excavating dirt you don't need to.

Back