News   Apr 16, 2024
 279     2 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 366     1 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 724     0 

Yonge-Dundas Square/Sankofa Square (Brown + Storey Architects)

From earlier this evening
D279EF2D-7628-4280-A6A9-A4F3AFCFFF48.jpeg

Attachments

• D279EF2D-7628-4280-A6A9-A4F3AFCFFF48.jpeg
    D279EF2D-7628-4280-A6A9-A4F3AFCFFF48.jpeg
    151.2 KB · Views: 528
Umm. They didn’t centre it all to well though it’s slightly off to the left. But still looks good up there regardless can’t wait for its friend to join it up there

wait... THAT'S the "Sam sign" that caused so much hoopla? I was expecting the spinning neon discs!
It looks like it's their new corporate headquarters. Honestly, I don't get the attachment people have to this sign. In a few years, people will look at it and wonder what the hell was Sam the record man and just shrug their shoulders when someone tells that the tale of the once great record store that stood where the Ryerson student centre does now.

It looks like it's their new corporate headquarters. Honestly, I don't get the attachment people have to this sign. In a few years, people will look at it and wonder what the hell was Sam the record man and just shrug their shoulders when someone tells that the tale of the once great record store that stood where the Ryerson student centre does now.

You sound like a broken record with the amount of times you've brought this up.

Last edited:

Relics of the past and their integration into present and future context is important - just because you don't have an attachment to this sign or its legacy shouldn't let you discredit its significance. It's this sort of rhetoric that justified the demolition of great things.

Relics of the past and their integration into present and future context is important - just because you don't have an attachment to this sign or its legacy shouldn't let you discredit its significance. It's this sort of rhetoric that justified the demolition of great things.
It was a mediocre record store that people have an attachment to and nothing more. But it's just my opinion and i must be wrong because I don't share the feeling of all the people that think we should have saved them.

It was a mediocre record store that people have an attachment to and nothing more. But it's just my opinion and i must be wrong because I don't share the feeling of all the people that think we should have saved them.
WRONG! Some of us actually love the neon sign with the flashing discs! Once it's put up, you might understand. At night they look very cool!

Back