447     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 354     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 551     0 

Star of Downtown, The (Willowfield/Norstar, 12s, Kirkor) COMPLETE

New Year's Day, 2008

starof-2.jpg

It's hard to tell from this distance how complete the building is and whether it's going to be ready for occupancy later this month.

Archivist's photos from his massive update at least make the retail look decent, and the building urban.
As horrid as the architecture is, the street level is what's most important. Looks like this building will create a pretty good streetscape.

Feb 8th

A letter was sent to us moving our date from Jan 25th to February 8th.
We're down on 2. Our sublet is only until March 1st, so we're counting on it.

Great photo Canadian National.

Looks like they bought their balcony doors from the same vendor as City Place.

Do you know who I am?

Hi

I'm moving into one of the penthouse suites at the end of August in time for my first year of University, with 2 of my buddies...

Anyway, do you guys think that the Star of Downtown is in a reasonable distance from Ryerson University or the University of Toronto, St George Campus?

Were not going to have access to a car, so were going to be either walking or taking public transportation to Ryerson or U of T...

/\ Its not that far. U of T is a 10-15 minute walk to the west (depending on which college you attend) while Ryerson is a little further south but not more than 20 mins on a very slow day. Walking up to the Bloor subway line should only take about 5-8 mins max and the ride over to Bay/St. George is negligible. With train transfers at Yonge/Bloor it could take a little longer to get down to Ryerson at College/Dundas station(s).

I Hope this helps but check Google Maps or a similar service to get a more accurate space/time representation.

The Wellesley bus stops at your door and takes you to the heart of U of T in 5-10 minutes.

I'm moving into one of the penthouse suites at the end of August in time for my first year of University, with 2 of my buddies...

Why am I already feeling pity for the neighbours? ;)

Haha...the neighbors will be in for a treat alright...they will rise each and every morning to the sound of headboards pounding without mercy on the walls accompained by the music of sexy youthful girls screaming in harmony to the beat of headboards...;)

by the way...(being a fan of architecture myself), i see this condo to be aesthetically suited to the name it has been given...it combines affordibality with luxury and aesthetic beauty in the heart of st. jamestown. I dont know what you guys are snorting but this condo is going to be wicked

Back