Toronto The James at Scrivener Square | 81.65m | 21s | Tricon | Graziani + Corazza

Made my day :)

I take that back.

I don't like this proposal. I'd rather see the empty lot remain empty and function as a public space (or even a POPS) - and have a taller tower to accommodate this. Also not sold on the design based on the early renderings. It's kind of a mess.

I take that back.

I don't like this proposal. I'd rather see the empty lot remain empty and function as a public space (or even a POPS) - and have a taller tower to accommodate this. Also not sold on the design based on the early renderings. It's kind of a mess.

Interesting sentiment. I'm quite the opposite. I feel the current grass square is a forlorn waste of space, unused by anyone, and the exterior expression is pretty focused. It's quite close to most of the recent work from HPA that everyone seems to (rightly) adore.

To each their own I guess...

BTW, it doesn't really matter. We can almost write this off before its begun:

Capture.PNG

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    73.2 KB · Views: 507
27250-94917.jpeg
27250-94921.jpeg
27250-94920.jpeg
27250-94918.png

Attachments

• 27250-94917.jpeg
    27250-94917.jpeg
    38.8 KB · Views: 455
  • 27250-94921.jpeg
    27250-94921.jpeg
    50.6 KB · Views: 470
  • 27250-94920.jpeg
    27250-94920.jpeg
    48.4 KB · Views: 459
  • 27250-94918.png
    27250-94918.png
    632.4 KB · Views: 507
I think they should pull back the mid-rise facing Yonge Street for some larger patios & so that views looking north to the clocktower aren't blocked/the station building is more visible from Yonge Street.

I know Summerhill TTC station currently only has one entrance/exit which the TTC has deemed a fire hazard. Considering this, and the fact that the station eventually has to be upgraded to be accessible, I wonder if a new TTC entrance could be incorporated into this development? Or is it too far south?

I know Summerhill TTC station currently only has one entrance/exit which the TTC has deemed a fire hazard. Considering this, and the fact that the station eventually has to be upgraded to be accessible, I wonder if a new TTC entrance could be incorporated into this development? Or is it too far south?

I don't know where the station box ends, but this is a bit of a hike from the Summerhill entrance.

I don't know where the station box ends, but this is a bit of a hike from the Summerhill entrance.

I know the current Summerhill TTC entrance is at the absolute north end of the platform, but like you I am unsure of how far south the platforms extend. Maybe the old Summerhill CPR station would be a more appropriate location for a second entrance.

I like it - seems like the city would never just let a park exist in that that location given its location.

I think they should pull back the mid-rise facing Yonge Street for some larger patios & so that views looking north to the clocktower aren't blocked/the station building is more visible from Yonge Street.

Isn't that exactly what they're doing?

Back