Toronto Lower Simcoe Ramp | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto

There was certainly no mention of removing the Rees onramp, in the City of Toronto mailing to people nearby. It was all about the off ramp.

The EB Bay ramp is proposed to be removed as part of the Lower Yonge Transportation EA.

Correct. The Lower Yonge Precinct TMP proposes:
  • Shortening of the Lower Jarvis Street off-ramp from the eastbound Gardiner Expressway to touch down at Yonge Street
  • The removal of the Bay Street on-ramp
  • Widening of Lake Shore Boulevard between Yonge Street and Jarvis Street.
Q0AcreR.png

I hadn't realised they'd planned to push Church under the tracks. I didn't think that was an option with that 12+ story building in the way.

I hadn't realised they'd planned to push Church under the tracks. I didn't think that was an option with that 12+ story building in the way.
Lots about it in the Lower Yonge thread and it is a long-term plan - it will not (cannot) happen as long as the garage and the TCHC building are there. The ongoing planning for 75 The Esplanade is being done to allow for this POSSIBLE extension of Church/Cooper.

Okay, here's where I'm confused. Is going east on Lake Shore going to be broken up and discontinuous (requiring a left from Harbour, and a right back onto Lake Shore somewhere east of Yonge), or is EB Lake Shore going to somehow be established between Simcoe and Yonge?

Lake Shore EB's current configuration requires a left from Harbour to Yonge then a right onto Lake Shore EB. Those turn configurations will be modified with the introduction of WB lanes on Harbour between Yonge and York. With the new extension of Harbour east of Yonge, vehicles looking to continue east on Lake Shore can turn north at Yonge, Freeland, Cooper, 'New', and Jarvis, then east on Lake Shore.

What/who owns the building atop the parking garage? Taken together it's a pretty large site that can handle quite a bit of density.

AoD

What/who owns the building atop the parking garage? Taken together it's a pretty large site that can handle quite a bit of density.

AoD
TCHC. They seem to be THINKING about this as a development site, along with ALL of the garage, it goes east to Market Street so it's a fairly large site.

Last edited:

Back