Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
They do own and will redevelop the parking lot in phase 2. The earliest images with rooftop additions to the Dominion Public Building were speculative, and it's likely that Canada Lands were encouraging the speculation at the time. That potential component of the plan was dropped when it proved to be an irritant at the City, promising to bog down plans for the redevelopment of the initial towers on Ivanhoé Cambridge's own site.

Is hard to imagine that anyone other than Ivanhoe will own and develop the Dominion Public Building. Did they not already acquire the air rights from this building for BayPark? Either way it could be a great compliment to this development - but I would hope there would be sufficient safeguards built into any development to preserve this building.

Is hard to imagine that anyone other than Ivanhoe will own and develop the Dominion Public Building. Did they not already acquire the air rights from this building for BayPark? Either way it could be a great compliment to this development - but I would hope there would be sufficient safeguards built into any development to preserve this building.
I am sure Ivanhoé will bid on the Dominion Public Building and hope they get it so that it can be properly restored and integrated with the Bay park Centre. Lots more on the DPB in its own thread, including info on the OMB approved 'additional height" on that site.

It appears they plan to move the art piece to make room for the bridge from Bay Park to the ACC...

acc.PNG
acccurrent.PNG

Attachments

• acc.PNG
    acc.PNG
    388.6 KB · Views: 675
  • acccurrent.PNG
    acccurrent.PNG
    893.4 KB · Views: 627
Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, I remember noticing that they proposed to remove it when this was first proposed. Good to see they decided to simply move it over to make room for the PATH bridge.

I am not sure where to post this so I'll post it here: I heard very recently that Capital One, which has a major office at Yonge and Sheppard, is planning to move to downtown. My source doesn't know when and how many people that would be, but if anyone has info on this, it would be great. Thanks.

I am not sure where to post this so I'll post it here: I heard very recently that Capital One, which has a major office at Yonge and Sheppard, is planning to move to downtown. My source doesn't know when and how many people that would be, but if anyone has info on this, it would be great. Thanks.

Capital One recently leased 112,000 square feet at Brookfield Place.

Wow I never ever noticed that piece of art there.. moving it away from the railway will probably help it being noticed.

Bay park center is featured in a Forbes article.
The article talks about low vacancy rates in Toronto and it's chance for project like Bay Park center or the Well.
I think Bay park Center and the Well have a chance to have a major tenant this year.
The link is there.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/bisnow/...to-office-markets-meteoric-rise/#7cb618022dbc
The Well is already going through site-prep/demo for the office tower, not sure why they'd need to wait for a anchor tenant if it's been said that there is great demand for space in the core.

Here we go...

Application: New Building
TORONTO ON
Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale
Application#: 17 137140 BLD 00 NB
Accepted Date: Mar 31, 2017
Project: Multiple Use/Non Residential
Work: New Building
Description: Proposal to construct a 52 storey office, retail and bus terminal with 3 levels of below grade parking - 366 parking spaces, and bicycle parking.

Back