News   Mar 28, 2024
 1.3K     3 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 668     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 934     0 

Danforth Line 2 Scarborough Subway Extension

Remember there are new ward boundaries in 2018. So we'll have a whole new set of councillors, as well as more councillors on Old Toronto.

You forget that John Tory sent the consultants back to the drawing board because he doesn't want "more politicians", and delayed the council debate to the fall. So the plan that you describe could already be dead.

Mammoliti is speaking now...... *turns on mute*

Wake Councillor Karygiannis when Mammoliti finishes.

cnrlzhywyaawkcn-jpg.81108

Remember there are new ward boundaries in 2018. So we'll have a whole new set of councillors, as well as more councillors on Old Toronto.

Maybe. Tory is doing his best to delay the adoption of new wards until it's too late by asking staff to go back and re-investigate things they already spent months investigating.

Yeah, council will have some turnover. That doesn't change my statement that nobody will lose their 2018 seat as a result of being in favour of SSE now.

Don Mills to Scarborough Centre is 9km. From Kennedy, it's 8km. Might not be a bad idea to replace the 1 stop subway with Sheppard & hit Victoria Park / Agincourt SmartTrack. Then the SMLRT can be a big loop from Kennedy, east on Eglinton, up Morningside, west on Sheppard to around Agincourt. Puts more pressure for a DRL too.
  • City staff confirmed that Sheppard corridor has more density than the McCowan Corridor...Seems its an attempt to justify Sheppard above Bloor-Danforth. Claiming that it's 4 minute shorter to use Sheppard to go downtown than the SSE...But what about Yonge capacity??? City reinforced the goal of making STC a destination hub as a priority then just moving people to downtown

Last edited:
You forget that John Tory sent the consultants back to the drawing board because he doesn't want "more politicians", and delayed the council debate to the fall. So the plan that you describe could already be dead.

Either way we're getting new ward boundaries, and Old Toronto will be getting a greater proportion of wards

I moved to Calgary last year. It's so great to have a mayor here who is genuinely passionate about cities and has a vision that he is actively trying to bring into fruition (despite the occasional setback). It reminds me of the Miller era - even though Nenshi is far more centrist than Miller.
What is it like?

I like how coffey1 has gone mia until this vote gets passed. I on the other hand am just ranting expecting to lose. Good man.

Ah, finally. A motion to extend Line 2 to Sherway Gardens. Figured this would be proposed eventually.

Fact: Sherway Gardens is the only Nordstrom's location in Toronto that does not have a subway. Etobicans are outraged.

- Paul
As mentioned in the Oprah post earlier, everybody is really getting a subway!!

Holland the LRT transfer was to be on the same level of the subway platform. don't let facts get in your way.

you mean stop flip flopping when the tides are in your favor otherwise delay delay delay. shes the same one who stopped the st clair street car randomly at keele. Good job.

well I cant comment on her past actions but in the present, thats what needs to be done regardless of the merits or demerits of both major options

The good news is that this crappy plan is going to continue to grow the downtown core by creating more disillusioned ttc riders.

Seriously doubt that. The downtown core is becoming less and less affordable. And the unit sizes are getting smaller and smaller. All the new hot real estate markets are now outside the core.

Good luck trying to get people to move out to the suburbs post 2040 after the city has transitioned to being an urban city. Moving to scarborough will be as appealing as someone from NYC moving to New Jersey

Congrats. You've proven why the Scarborough crowd is fighting tooth and nail for the subway. They see what it's done for Yonge st and Sheppard East in North York. And they agree with you. The only way to attract people to Scarborough (in their opinion) is with nodal development centred around a subway.

Back