361     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.1K     4 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.1K     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two years ago today, Rob Ford returned from rehab.

10374082_10152501849628162_2539057260633876959_n.jpg

Attachments

• 10374082_10152501849628162_2539057260633876959_n.jpg
    10374082_10152501849628162_2539057260633876959_n.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 885
That is one of the best pictures ever! Singin' Jimmy ended up ditching Rob after he was banned from city hall, something he blamed on Doug, and threw his support behind Olivia.

In the neverending game of "seeking suspected Ford connections", the Hickory Drive house explosion in Mississauga has left me wondering about Robert Nadler--both as one you can picture as a Kathy/Randy hanger-on c1979-80, and as a hypothetical 905-dwelling "Centennial Park Ford National" in more recent times; for all I know, maybe he was on the Deco man-cave howler-monkey Rolodex. Far-fetched or not, such speculation isn't necessarily hard to come by...
https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...foul-play-in-mississauga-house-explosion.html

I'm surprised IHTWORF hasn't had a collective aneurysm at the sight of Tory, Wynne AND Trudeau marching in the parade.

I'm surprised IHTWORF hasn't had a collective aneurysm at the sight of Tory, Wynne AND Trudeau marching in the parade.

That's because deep down they know that the new Mayor of Heaven is probably right now blowing off the Pride Parade in Heaven and enjoying the long weekend in his Heaven cottage. Because it is Heaven, after all.

My feelings about Wynne aside, it was great to see all three levels of government present at Pride.
Looks like the annual Pride controversy will go from Ford skipping it and threats to defund over QuAIA participation to defunding over Black Lives Matter and excluding the police float.

Last edited:
As I expected it, agreements made under duress are void. Equivalent to a 2-year's temper tantrum.

From link:

Banning police from parade not my call, Pride exec says

List of demands from Black Lives Matter was only signed to end blockade of parade, but “I’m not deciding what’s in the parade,” says Mathieu Chantelois.

These are the thugs that think they are akin to the passive resistance of places like Selma.

They look like Black Shirts to me, BIG SMILE! BIG SMILE!

blm_toronto_pride.jpeg

Attachments

• blm_toronto_pride.jpeg
    blm_toronto_pride.jpeg
    115.6 KB · Views: 990
I find it very telling that there's been a stronger reaction to this action by BLM than to the Mayor playing the "race card" in his defence of his Scarborough Town Centre Express subway in an op-ed a week ago.

Its not the 60s any more and BLM has not employed violence, but their resistence has not been passive either. Institutional racism whether within the police or so-called community organizations has to be called out to be addressed openly. BLM has been very successful in a short time in bringing attention to systemic racism as activists, not passivists still trying to change the system behind closed doors.

And anyway, I think there's a law against criticizing parade apparel at Pride. Was Beyoncé a thug at the Superbowl? A lot of thugs, like Rob Ford, wear business suits.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back